10/18 9 mile and 182

Cbox22

Aug 31, 2017
California
Name
Cory
Boat
Striper 2101 WA
First post guys go easy. Headed out of Mission Bay about 0530 and picked up some bait. Second time out on the new to me boat (Striper 2101 WA w/ yam 175 HPDI).

Landed at the north 9 and trolled two rapalas and a cedar. Started at east side and went across to the west then south along the ridge. About two minutes in a bonito hit. Other than that no other fish or life seen anywhere here. No paddies. Wind was up.
After about an hour of no bites, no life, and seeing nothing but warships we headed to the 182 for something different.

Same results on the 182. Wind was coming in pretty good still so we jammed back to LJ about and tried some rock/bass fishing for another 30 or so minutes with only a whitefish saying hello.

Oh, and by the way on our way out to the 182 the bait tank drain cap/filter popped off and some dines tried the amazing escape through the plumbing. Of course they got stuck at a joint in the plumbing and clogged it up so the bait tank was overflowing onto the deck for a while before I shut it off. I later stuck a garden hose in the exit port on the hull and flushed 3 dines back into the bait tank and cleared it up.

Other then the bonito my buddy kept we brought nothing home other the the stowaways in the plumbing. Can't complain one bit about being out on the water and had a blast learning new things about the boat.

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
Thanks for the report and the positive outlook.. .. u are bound for better luck with the fish and and more enjoyable moments with your boat...

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
You get an atta boy from me. Thanks for the report

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
making memories.... thanks for the report

DALE S

TOTW
Apr 23, 2007
SD
Name
Dale
Boat
Bayrunner Baja 21
Keep it up Cory. It's been 50 years for me and still learn something new every trip.