10-16 Wahoo, Dorado, and Rat Update out of DP - Gopro clip

austy

Sep 19, 2004
San Clemente
Name
austy "Spu-monty"
Boat
2003 Striper
10-16 left Dana Point with sardine in route to hit pattys between the 14 mile bank and the east end of Catalina. Found massive kelps 7 mile shy of the east end of Catalina.One on huge kelp my buddy hooks a wahoo on a scrambled egg iron. Fish pops off after 5 minute battle with drag screaming runs. Bummers! MYself and buddy both get bite on wahoo and instantly sawed off. I get a wire leader on and no more bites. Dorado swimming around locked jaw. Hit many more kelps loaded with 2-3lb mice style yellowtail. Finaly found a kelp and tried chumming chunk sardine and that got wide open on rat yt(All released via circle hooks) and we got trwo decent dorado. Here is a Gopro clip of the trip. Still lots to catch and what a season!! Tight lines!

Off course one massive patty some clowns come over and get 5 feet from the patty and then drift into it, back up and hover inches from it casting baits on it. (Bite was over)Then when I head back up and drift on the side of it. They proceed to drive 5 feet from the patty around it and drive between us and the patty driving over out baits. Not looking or even having a clew to courtesy or etticate. Basicaly told them off and realled my bait in and then flicked it off into their boat and off I went and had a great day.

IMG_4500.JPG

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Kool Video! Nice find & catch...

Ryan_J

Apr 5, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Ryan
Boat
Jupiter 31 - twin Yamaha F300's
Nice work on the "late" season dodos. Not sure what to call this time of year!? Late? Mid? Beginning? Unreal to catch footage of the wahoo at the beginning!! Thanks for sharing.

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Awesome. Second music track....The Clash?

Caseydmaze

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 7, 2012
Temecula
Name
Un-Named
Boat
18' Stringari Skiff
That was epic!! Some guy in Kansas just saw this, quit his job and packed his shit for Cali!! Chunking for Dodo's is brilliant!
Thanks for sharing.