10/16 Horse shit!

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by r8rs4lf, Oct 16, 2018.

1. r8rs4lf

r8rs4lf I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    Long freakin day with lots of learning......

Day started off with me clipping a small brick fence that my neighbor and I share when I was getting the boat out of the driveway. Completely ripped off that bearing cap. Great, something else to fix. Funny thing is I didn't find out about it until I went to wash my boat down at the wash rack after I got back. Great, another thing to fix. Oh well, let's keep it moving.

Launched out of South Shores around 6am only to hear my bilge pump continuously running and the splash well completely full overflowing into the boat. Get my ass back to the dock, get some light back there and find that the plug has come out of the bilge and another rubber plug used to plug the hole from the outside was blocking one of the splash well holes. I usually leave all the stuff in the splash well so I don't forget to put it all in. I didn't forget to use that little rubber plug. I was purposely not going to install it on the outside because I was thinking what a PITA it would be to get out in an emergency. I just forgot to take it out of the splash well. Do you guys plug the bilge from the outside or the inside out both? Get all that fixed up, change of shorts and I'm good to go!

Picked up a 1/2 scoop of SUMO size deans! Big fat ass Sa Deens! Just FYI, don't jump on the barge if no one is outside. I did and the guy told me I needed to stay on my boat. Only reason I got off is because no one heard me. He was cool about it though. Another thing learned! The Victory was pulling up as I left.

Head for the shoe. Weather was supposed to be beautiful with pretty much flat seas and that's exactly what it was. Trolled from the East part of the shoe to the West part with not one nibble. I did buy that flat ring thing and used it. I thought it was a pretty slick idea. Water started out blueish (East) and when I got to the West end it has turned green. Exactly what I saw on the charts before I left the house. Trolled back to the East side for nothing.

Decided to hit the rigs up. Made the journey. Threw those sumos out there as well as yoyo with a sniper only to lose it, muthaF*€ka! Oh well, shit happens!

Did I mention I still haven't seen one sportboat?

Made the move to the Mussel farm. Saw a dive boat in the middle and one private. Trolled around the whole damn farm for, you guessed it, NATHAN!! Sat in one spot where I saw some marks, threw a couple fat asses out there for shiznits!

By this time I'm figuring out why I haven't seen any sportboats, because obviously there's no freakin fish around here! I'm the only dumb ass out here. Well besides that other privateer.

Headed back to the shoe again thinking maybe something will jump off in the afternoon. Yeah right dumbass, trolled some more, marked some more and got no bites some more!

Here little sporty sporty! Oh where oh where did the sporties go? I'm going fucking crazy by now. And here I was thinking when it jumps off I'll be the only one around to kill it! LOL Let me be clear, I do not follow the sportboats, I find my own fish, but it was a trip not seeing one sportboat out there.

After that I said F that and headed for the wall. I'll get me some bass action at least. Traveled the whole wall from Angels Gate to the Long Beach opening with not one nibble. Funny right? Plastics, sumos, I even sang some reggae for them, no action.

Made my way back to the launch and was looking forward to the heat and washing my boat off. :cussing: This is when I saw the bearing cap missing. :appl:

Oh well, it was beautiful out there and I wasn't working so all is well. :supergay: Shit who am I fooling, it would have been nice to at least get bit on something today.

Navionics had me at just under 7 hours and 50 miles. Boat ran great with the new electrical done.

You guys better like this shit because it took me a long time to write it!! :nopity:

2. bob1825

bob1825 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Anyone the fits my schedule
    Keep your reports coming! I look forward to the next chapter. :)

3. Woodeneye

Woodeneye Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Striper 2300
    Thanks for the details. Catching nothing still helps the rest of us out. That’s why I’m booked on a Sporty tomorrow night and not taking my boat out this week.

4. Dream to fish

Dream to fish Deck Swaby

Name:
    Phil
    Boat:
    Saving for one...
    Lol, dude....one time we went out in a gail with our wetsuits on! We were young and dumb, but were set on catching or spearing some fish. Long story short, we spent 3 days on the Lee side of the island fishing rolled over, cold, murky water for 2 fish before we had enough, jumped in and speared a few just to salvage the trip. Sometimes it's just not meant to be and sometimes they practically jump in the boat...

One_Leg likes this.
  5. FishinMcNuggets

FishinMcNuggets Fishin fo' Nutrition!

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
    ... and this is part of the problem. It's a known fact that Calicos and Spotties like Santana!

Not sure about Sandies, but I think they like leftover short-rib bones, sewage outfall, and waterlogged half-full Budweisers that drift down to them.

A for effort and detailed reporting! Fish aren't always where all the sporties are clustered. Good job looking.

6. mullet

mullet Metal Fabricator

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    19"Gregor
    If you splashed it without the cap on best pull them bearings and thoroughly clean them or best replace or you'll be looking at a failure in your near future.Rust never sleeps.

Cheech likes this.
  7. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Sporties were up in Redondo and PV, but you know you shouldnt follow them :D

Adrien Baker likes this.
  8. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    I was at work. Trade ya.

the SLIDER likes this.
  9. Mikefromlb

Mikefromlb Member

Name:
    Mike T
    Boat:
    "Cali Dreamin" 33' Tiara Open
    Thanks for the report. Hitting the shoe on Thursday.

10. r8rs4lf

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    I'll be addressing that soon. I've never addressed anything on the trailer since I bought it. I was planning on doing it in the off season, but it looks like it may happen earlier.

Yeah I read that and looked at the fish counts. Doesn't look like I missed anything.

11. the SLIDER

the SLIDER https://multimediabylj.com

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    arima - the SLIDER
    You Sir, need to count your blessings.

I wanted to unload on you and I refrained by the grace of God.

But then again, I've been in a mood.

cbadcrew likes this.
  12. karlow

karlow Twins 2017

Name:
    karl
    Boat:
    20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
    Yea that's Whaler stuff, if you launch w/o the plug, you just install it from the inside. I have only done it once. From the count it looks like most of the action is down south. There are also some bones in the count out of MDR. I hope something is happening by the weekend.

13. Bubsalsa

Bubsalsa Member

Name:
    Bubsalsa
    Boat:
    20' Skipjack Flybrige
    Please keep not catching fish, that’s the best post I’ve read all year. I can’t believe how incredibly good that was

r8rs4lf likes this.
  14. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    Your fishing today is Just like the way the Raiders are playing Football. Down right SHITTY.

gecsr1 likes this.
  15. r8rs4lf

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    :hali_ruahahaha: :ashamed::hali_blablalba:

Bro it's a fishing report, it's not that serious. It's designed to help others, I just happened to be in a weird mood and dead tired when I wrote it. It seems most people got a laugh out of it. It's all fun and games man, calm down Pastor.

Can't argue with facts! We fucking suck, but I'm still a fan no matter what.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  16. r8rs4lf

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    Do you usually plug from the inside?

Since my boat came with two plugs I usually plug both. Not sure if that is safe or correct, reason why I'm asking.

mrkrabs likes this.
  17. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    days like that... just been better to stay at home..... LOL...

18. r8rs4lf

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    Nah, not for me. I'm trying to learn as much as I can everytime out. I take the good with the bad.

mrkrabs likes this.
  19. SouthBayKiller

SouthBayKiller I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    none
    Still sounds like a more productive trip than your Raiders had over the weekend LOL

20. r8rs4lf

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    Salty AF
    Yeah, it's been tough being a fan. Not from the standpoint of the business that has been going on, like the move to Vegas, Macks trade, Gruden's contact, etc, I just want to see some progress. It seems Carr is going backwards, but that may be because of Gruden's offense. The only one I see who is a true Raider is Lynch right now! I'm also thinking that Gruden is trying to set the Raiders up for the Vegas move. Who knows at this point, but I'm not going anywhere.