Islanddevil

Figuring it out
Jul 3, 2020
Arizona
Name
Mike
Boat
Rampage 30 Express
Fished this past Saturday and Sunday with low expectations. On Saturday we headed towards the 302 and found only kelps with small YT. Worked our way towards the 371 and found some warmer water near the high spot. Close to 70 degrees. Got hit on a jig strike and was able to chum them up. Hooked 6 and we landed 4 decent YFT. Went back out yesterday to the same area and couldn’t find any water warmer than 67 on our graph. Caught 3 small YT and that was it.

47DD4003-3904-413C-934B-B087A8442852.jpeg

Last edited:
C
clizza
My throttle cable broke on the way out didn’t even make it
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

rhgusman

Salty Dog
Sep 9, 2012
CA
Name
Rob
Boat
A Salt Weapon
Was planning a similar route 371/425 on Saturday but it was thwarted by a throttle cable failure right after launch from Shelter Island en route to the bait barge. 2 hr drive down for 2 minutes on the water, then 2 hours back North to drop the boat at the mechanic. Glad that route was a success for you and congrats on the late season fish, the weather looked great too! Way better than early in the season where each time we got off the water it felt like we had been tumbled in a cement mixer for a few hours.

Upvote 0

Islanddevil

Figuring it out
Jul 3, 2020
Arizona
Name
Mike
Boat
Rampage 30 Express
Was planning a similar route 371/425 on Saturday but it was thwarted by a throttle cable failure right after launch from Shelter Island en route to the bait barge. 2 hr drive down for 2 minutes on the water, then 2 hours back North to drop the boat at the mechanic. Glad that route was a success for you and congrats on the late season fish, the weather looked great too! Way better than early in the season where each time we got off the water it felt like we had been tumbled in a cement mixer for a few hours.

That definitely sucks. My boats been down for over 2 months. It’s getting repowered. I haven’t been out during that time until this past weekend. I was just happy to get out on the water. Good luck with your boat.

Reactions: rhgusman
Upvote 0