10/12 43 LB YELLOW at SAN CLEMENTE Isl aboard the El Dorado!!

PENN

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Fished San Clemente island aboard the El Dorado. Amazing boat and crew. We all slayed the yellows, and most fish were over 15 lbs. My buddy hooks up on a butt hooked dean and gets almost spooled. Luckily a hammer head was cruising around and kept the seals at bay as this was going to be a long fight. He finally turns his head at the bottom of his spool and gains some line.

And wah pow! 43 lbs on the digital scale.

What worked? 30 LB straight mono on a butt hooked sardine. And yo yo iron on 40-50 LB.

These are REAL TOADS boys they don't fuck around. Bring the big shit or get rocked literally...... Thanks for reading.

v8lbhu.jpg

2lm70ck.jpg

Upvote 0

Paul Ward

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Great job on true toad yellows. Your boat passed us on your way home as we were working a dolphin school for 8 yft aboard the Sleeper they were small tunas eating the marlin jigs. We caught up to you when the crew was busy cutting. I had thought you were coming from the Cortez with blue fin from the course you were running.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Nice!
That fishes belly is so sucked up.If it had been eating squid for a month prior to being caught it would have been a fat toad of a fifty pounder for sure.

Upvote 0