Supa711

User Customed Title
Jul 18, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Nick
Boat Name
Whippin&Dippin
Flying into Denver for a wedding in Ft. Collins, staying in Wellington. Told the lil lady that I needed a mandatory day to go fish while I'm out there. Packing an ultralight rod Daiwa Presso 1-4# test. I'd love to get into some stream/river trout, but I'm down for whatever. Assuming I have sun up to sun down, what are my options to catch some fish?
Thanks! 🤙

Reactions: kbray001

SSUfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Eric
Boat Name
n/a
Maybe 45 min away, in a town called Greely, there is a small public pond/park that (at least a few years ago) was stocked with tiny (8-10") rainbows that were literally one every cast on micro tubes. May be worth a google search on if it is still stocked.

Upvote 0
Jan 13, 2018
Littleton, Co
Name
Kirby
Boat Name
Ranger Z521
The weather here is going to be hot. 95 degrees. Tough to find fish if you're not on them already. Locally for trout, the Cache La Poudre river might be blown out from runoff, and they'll be deep in lakes. The bass and walleye fishing are good if you have a boat and the gear. The rivers and lakes way up high will be decent for trout but will require substantial travel time and traffic in the mountains is like the 405 now. I suggest you contact Sheepdog. He's a guide. Nice boat. Great guy. He'll know everything at every lake, daily. One and done, you'll be on fish, cut down travel time, and you won't need to bring tackle if he has an opening. Or, smallmouth bass from the bank at Horsetooth Reservoir or largemouth, white bass from the bank at Boyd Lake. Water levels are low at a lot of the ponds but North Shields Ponds may produce panfish or bass.

Reactions: Supa711
Upvote 0

Supa711

User Customed Title
Jul 18, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Nick
Boat Name
Whippin&Dippin
It was tough fishing, cache la Poudre was running fast. Got bit twice, nothing to hand. Couple other guys on the same stretch connected. Drove up to Rustic and fished my way back into town. Seemed the hot color was brass/gold, probably due to stained run off?

Upvote 0