1 day boat ride

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by cdtuey, Jun 29, 2009.

1. boomer396

boomer396 HMFIC

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    30' Spoiler - "Drifter"
    Been there, done that! Got the tee shirt (and fuel bill) to prove it! We all feel your pain.

2. yachtcap

yachtcap yachtcap

Name:
    barny rubble
    Boat:
    82' hatteras,
    Hey whatever you guys feel is fine with me. You have no idea what its like to hear notihing but complaining often times day after day. In fact we did give away boat money to the first and biggest fish as well. All im saying is we are doing the very best that we can for you guys. We don't make much money, we do it because we love to catch fish. Maybe I mis understood......Ive been wrong before, but just know we pull 20 hr days and do everything possible to catch fish and make you guys happy. We are trying our best. And sometimes it seems like its just not enough. If they aint biting they aint biting. And marlin Ill be happy to talk to you about your penis issues anytime.

3. boomer396

boomer396 HMFIC

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    30' Spoiler - "Drifter"
    Hey YACHTCRAP...you sound like some "rich kid" 82' "HAT" my ass. Go have a cup of "Shut the Fuck Up". What boat do you run so all of us can stay off your tub. JACKASS!!!

4. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Member

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    22 Foot Baja Bayrunner "Machete"
    I think most would agree with you that if they are not there they are not there. The problem is you were quick to say quit whining when the guy who posted only indicated that the boat got skunked. He did not say anything bad about the crew, boat, or capn that would of been seen as negative. IMO Sounded more like a fish report to me but whatever this is BD.

5. boomer396

boomer396 HMFIC

Name:
    Bob
    Boat:
    30' Spoiler - "Drifter"
    And one more thing...I have been on a few boats and catching sucked, but we fished hard. And we tipped the crew because they sure tried and the captian burned fuel and went the extra mile.

6. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
    Trust me alot of know what its like to hear the complaints day in and day out and some of us do it for the same amount of time that you do, as a captain yes you are expected to produce as a business man you are expected to maintain and the attitude you came off with at first will cause you a loss in both of these areas. Bottom line is there is a time and place to talk shit, I didnt hear a complaint at all in this thread atleast not one that was serious for your tactless comment. We all here want the best for our money but like most things we all know we have to gamble a little, it doesnt say anywhere on any boat that you are guaranteed to catch and if it does then they best produce.

7. yachtcap

yachtcap yachtcap

Name:
    barny rubble
    Boat:
    82' hatteras,
    Jesse, just spent four days getting the shit kicked out of us. Not a lot of sleep and perhaps didn't read the thread in the way he meant it. I thought he was upset with the direction the capt. chose to go. I appologize to all you guys that I offended. It's a tough way to make a living. We have to go even when we know its going to be slow, but we try our best. Again I am sorry to have pissed everybody off.

8. skelly1

skelly1 Newbie

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    20' skipjack flybridge
    I don't care about all that bullshit talk. I was skunked and puking on the Prowler 24 years ago, first trip offshore. Time to go again on the prowler, buying beer, cheeseburgers, and t-shirts. My kid is the same age as me when I got skunked on that boat with my dad. Gonna take my dad this time too. Everybody cool now? Here's one of them smiles for ya'alls.... :oinker:

9. reell one

reell one Newbie

Name:
    bob
    Boat:
    14ft
    Wow yachtcap now you changed your name after seeing how wrong you were. I guess you just can not take the heat and run away with your tail between your legs. Put your name back up then i will accept your apology!

10. The Kidd

The Kidd chasing tail

Name:
    Jesse Fulton
    Boat:
    Don't have one
    Went out on a boat like that a few years back because the week before a buddy went out on the same boat and limited out on yellowfin, tails, and dodos. We although only caught 5 yellowfin that day. You just never know its hit and miss.

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    F/V Kraken
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:I think I just shit my pants:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. FishStalker

FishStalker You're no daisy

Name:
    Charles aka "Ben"
    Boat:
    15' Tupperware Sloop
    You pays your money and you takes your chances...

At least you weren't on a two day with zero fish over the rail. Been there, done that. It's happened to all of us...right Pete? ;)

13. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Newbie

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    F/V Kraken
    Thats right Charles! I love the "raincheck" Quote! Does the bait company give you a raincheck if you get skunked? Nope! How about the fuel dock? Can you imagine getting all the money you spent on a trip back, if you caught no fish? How about a raincheck for not catching a tuna over 200 lbs on a 16 day? I think I'm going to fall on the floor now. I hope my eye doesn't fall out:rofl::rofl:

14. Reel hip

Reel hip Meet my "Well known Member"

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    25ft Skipjack fly

Just go again..... They will show up.

15. Jaydog

Jaydog Member

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Mako 19'
    I thought the original post had a little whine to it, something about a Capt. going west instead of South where the fish have been biting rings a bell.

I whine sometimes if i'm fishing and not catching and I whine sometimes when customers don't tip when I'm working so I guess that makes me a whiner, well actually I yell and scream like a drunk Indian. So call me whatever you want, just not Sue, anything but Sue.......

16. mc08066

mc08066 Newbie

Name:
    Jimmy Greene
    Boat:
    kayak
    I am a bit surprised that the Prowler went west instead of south towards the hidden bank area but I guess he was looking for Blue Fin. Can't fault the Captain on going on a hunch and alot of times it will pay off. Water temps to the area looked promising though. This time unfortunately it didn't work out. At least you saw fish boiling. That means his hunch was good but the fish just did not want to play. The Prowler is a good boat and has a good history of catching fish. Keep in mind guys, that this is still early in the season. It's going to be hit or miss for the next couple of weeks. If you want a hit then go in August and September when even a poor performing boat can get it done. For me I have no problem re-booking on the Prowler. Sorry you did not catch any fish, but being on the water is a treat for many with or without fish.
    Jimmy

17. asabadin

asabadin Newbie

Name:
    Angelo
    Boat:
    16ft lowe side console tin can
    No shit man. you want for sure fish count numbers, go to the asian market and have them throw the ones you want to you. EVEN THEN IT'S NOT GUARANTEED YOU COULD DROP THE FISH WHICH WOULD NOT CONSTITUTE A CATCH. BOTTOM LINE WHEN YOU PAY TO FISH YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE RIDE,TIME AND EXPERTISE. CATCHING FISH IS A GREAT BI-PRODUCT OF NEARLY EVERYTHING GOING RIGHT ON ANY GIVEN DAY

What's up Pete? went out on the boat saturday, I have to say La Famiglia is not missing a beat man. Frank is doing a great job. Top notch service and a relaxed enviorment, just like when you were at the helm.
    Only thing was there was some dickhead on the boat dead heading who had major small man's complex THAT I FELT LIKE BITCH SLAPPING. He was A SHORT bald skinny tweaker type with lots of fish tatoos and was just bieng an asshole the whole trip TO ALMOST EVERY PAYING CUSTOMER WHO HE DIDN'T CONSIDER A REGULAR. EveRy one of the crew was awesome and accomidating and this dude was just a dick trying to bark orders and killing the vibe. He had to shoot his mouth off the whole time about how much he knew, dumb ass didn't even know that spinner dolphins are basically the only ones that hold tuna, he basically said any "porpoise" hold tuna when we saw some, but said the water wasn't warm enough. I AM NOT AN EXPERT BUT I KNOW THAT'S BULLSHIT. What a dumb fuck!

also, I know you guys are palermiano but Milan is playing the Galaxy at the Home depot Center in Carson on SunDAY 7/19. Let me know if any of the clan are going to go, we can meet up and tailgate.

18. cdtuey

cdtuey Member

Name:
    chris tuey
    Boat:
    n/a
    OK already I have no idea how my fish report to let you all know what was going on turned into a post winning about not catching or the capt. choice of directions. In three years of going out this was the first skunk trip that I have had so the odds were getting up there. heck I even left the crew a tip. As for not booking on the prowler again I never even thought of it. I know as well as everybody else that sh*t happens.

19. tunaman69

tunaman69 Newbie

Name:
    Dick
    Boat:
    22 Parker "TunaMan"
    hey yachtdick....suck ass....I don't think he complained once. He stated mere fact...the captain chose to go West instead of South and they didn't catch dick.

20. fleyeline

fleyeline Petroleum Consumer

Name:
    Beau
    Boat:
    WD
    I think he went west looking for the bluefin that were out there. Sounds like something I would do.