longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    left the bait barge at 5 this morning with a decent scoop of bait and headed out with smooth seas. Water leaving the bay got down to 59 degrees but quickly got back up a mile or so out. Headed towards the 371 but never made it there. I found a decent sized kelp at 21 over 28 that had a ton of fish on it. Called Ron over quickly and we had all we wanted with nobody around.

There were tons of rat yellows and Dorado with some decent sized fish mixed in. I was hand feeding them off my stern watching every bait get destroyed instantly. I was able to hook up on 2 nice sized yellows and released the rats.

There was a nice sized bull swimming around that had a battle wound from what looked like a failed gaff shot. This thing came unbuttoned 3 times before I finally landed him, he was hungry and wanted to die. I kept another decent sized dodo and released a good 20 more. Even got one on a bare hook reeling it in. We also had a big marlin absolutely destroy a small dorado about 20yds off my stern it was awesome to see.
    20200831_162028.jpg
    20200831_162200.jpg
    Water in this area was deep blue and 71 degrees. I called in another buddy then headed north to try and find something else. I found one spot of yellowfin on top of the 302 that sunk out quick, also found another kelp just north of the 226 that had a handful of dorado on it as well. The water got greener the further north you go.

Good luck if your going out soon and don't overshoot the fish!

Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    Good work!!!! If you don’t mind how were the sea conditions it looks nice and lastly how long did it take to run down there to the Zone from the Receiver? Thanks

Fishes l caught on a Bare Hook:
    Albacore
    Yellows
    Bones
    Macks
    Perch/Smelt
    Blue Shark......What say you?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

longboard85

• Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    Good work!!!! If you don’t mind how were the sea conditions it looks nice and lastly how long did it take to run down there to the Zone from the Receiver? Thanks

Fishes l caught on a Bare Hook:
    Albacore
    Yellows
    Bones
    Macks
    Perch/Smelt
    Blue Shark......What say you?
    I would say about 45 minutes with smooth seas.

Upvote 0

lougio

Capt Lou
    Jul 19, 2014
    La Mesa, CA
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    '03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
    Thanks for the call in. We lost 4 after you left, including a nice one at the boat. They were laughing at us jumping out of the water. Moved on a little further south and found a paddy. Mostly rats but got one nice Yellow off it. Rounded it out with some fish taco meat at N Island. Thx again!

Upvote 0

longboard85

• Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    Thanks for the call in. We lost 4 after you left, including a nice one at the boat. They were laughing at us jumping out of the water. Moved on a little further south and found a paddy. Mostly rats but got one nice Yellow off it. Rounded it out with some fish taco meat at N Island. Thx again!
    Glad you found some meat Lou, the bite slowed before you got there after the marlin showed up.

Reactions: Hustler and lougio
    Upvote 0