1-8-2011 town

nodrama

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Got to take my little cousin fishing for the day. (2nd time ever) We were going to launch from Hawaii Kai but I spoke to a friend (Rick) and he told me to jump on with them cause it might be rough cause of the west wind and surf. I jumped on that one quick so that my little cousin could get to ride a bigger boat. 42 verses 17 feet yea i think so.
Left Sand Island at 3:30 and headed out. No strikes till about 10. Got our first fish a Barakuda. Kept going but it was very slow, but Rick got us on some fish in the afternoon, ended up with Ono, Mahi, Shibi's, Kawakawa's, and a Barakuda. My cousin Kobe is now hooked on fishing. He told me that he wants to come every weekend that we go fishing. By the way he never got sick and he fought fish like a champ. Way to go Kobe maybe next time you will get your Ahi.
Also thanks 5o7c's for the lures, they were killer.

lois

lurker
Apr 1, 2010
kailua
Name
lois
Boat
99 nvrmin
so cute your little cousin! i am glad to hear that the lures went off.:High_Five

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Awesome! Getting the keiki into the game is what it's all about!

grander007

May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
Nice going! Rick is a great guy and the real deal captain/fisherman.

Tight lines,

2quartslow

Aug 29, 2010
Kailua/Kaneohe, Hawaii
Name
Stoney
Boat
The one you are worried about.
Nice mix bag guys. Good going little man...you are hooked. Good eats with the Kawakawa too.

nodrama

Jul 25, 2010
Honolulu
Name
Ryan
Thanks everyone for the kind words. My cousin is very hooked on fishing now. ( thats all he talks about)
Also thanks to Capt. Rick for taking us fishing and showing Kobe a great time. We are truly grateful.
To Pat, Rick said to tell you hi. He talks very highly of you, and again thanks for the kind words.