1-5-14 David got some more.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
David and I pushed off around 5:10, quick run to the ledge, picked up some Akule, then ran out to S. Bait was there but so were the bait stealers; it was fun, hook one and reel like hell. We got a few.

We then ran out to the 1000, set lines, well actually while setting line we got blitzed, so we turned around around and got blitzed again. That should not surprise anyone; the problem was we didn't get any fish. Kept looking, finally outside Kahe the stbd rigger went and stuck, good sized Spearfish. David was happy, me too!!!
DSCF0417.jpg
The winds started to blow down the coast from Kaena, those that fish Waianae, know that means sloppy water. Just about to the same spot where we had the bites first thing in the morning, the stbd flat went, flat line bites are cool because they are the most violent bites because of the # 64 rubber bands holding them down. We were both in the tower, I got back to the back deck, the fish was still there, I must have messed w/ that fish for a good minute; free spool, pick it up, drop it, it was a constant back and forth, finally the center went and we got that one, smaller but good fun.
DSCF0419.jpg
Here's the spread, all got bit at least a couple of times.

I scored again; David brought me some ling cod this time; I know what is for dinner. Thanks David for a couple of good FUN trips!!!

Cheers
Pat

Dec 4, 2011
Greenbank/WA/USA
Name
David
Boat
Silver Streak 26 Swiftsure
David and I pushed off around 5:10, quick run to the ledge, picked up some Akule, then ran out to S. Bait was there but so were the bait stealers; it was fun, hook one and reel like hell. We got a few.

We then ran out to the 1000, set lines, well actually while setting line we got blitzed, so we turned around around and got blitzed again. That should not surprise anyone; the problem was we didn't get any fish. Kept looking, finally outside Kahe the stbd rigger went and stuck, good sized Spearfish. David was happy, me too!!!
View attachment 491420
The winds started to blow down the coast from Kaena, those that fish Waianae, know that means sloppy water. Just about to the same spot where we had the bites first thing in the morning, the stbd flat went, flat line bites are cool because they are the most violent bites because of the # 64 rubber bands holding them down. We were both in the tower, I got back to the back deck, the fish was still there, I must have messed w/ that fish for a good minute; free spool, pick it up, drop it, it was a constant back and forth, finally the center went and we got that one, smaller but good fun.
View attachment 491421
Here's the spread, all got bit at least a couple of times.

I scored again; David brought me some ling cod this time; I know what is for dinner. Thanks David for a couple of good FUN trips!!!

Cheers
Pat
Pat,
I have to say, you are the best guy to go fishing with in all of Hawaii. Very organized, patient and lots of fun. All the credit goes to you for us catching the three spearfish on our two trips. Thanks so much for sharing those experiences with me. You have made my visit to Oahu most memorable, and enjoyable. I look forward to getting out with you in March. Thanks again.

changboy

Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
Captain Pat, another action packed day on the water for you and david, good going!

AKEMI TOO

Nov 20, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Steven
Boat
21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
Mr. Consistent strikes again! Way to go Pat, sounded like a fun day with fish to eat too. Wish the weather would calm down so we all can get out there and try our luck.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Pat,
I have to say, you are the best guy to go fishing with in all of Hawaii. Very organized, patient and lots of fun. All the credit goes to you for us catching the three spearfish on our two trips. Thanks so much for sharing those experiences with me. You have made my visit to Oahu most memorable, and enjoyable. I look forward to getting out with you in March. Thanks again.
Thanks David, you are way too kind. It's funny, you say patient and fun, I always thought too intense and boring. We did have a couple of good trips that is for sure, hopefully we can synch up our schedules in March.

Captain Pat, another action packed day on the water for you and david, good going!
Thanks Brian, hopefully you can get in on some of the action.

Mr. Consistent strikes again! Way to go Pat, sounded like a fun day with fish to eat too. Wish the weather would calm down so we all can get out there and try our luck.
Thanks Steven, the Hebis were fantastic, sashimi and cooked. You can tell from the pic it was nice early in the day, not so much later on. Not sure what the weather is going to offer up this weekend, the forecast has changed plenty.

You are always on 'em!
Thanks, just getting lucky.

Cheers
Pat

sgchun

Aug 19, 2012
pearl city
Name
Wally
Boat
Boomerang-17 currentline
You are the MAN!!! You always know where the fish are at.
Thanks for showing the colors.

shadzdad

Aug 6, 2010
Wahiawa,HI USA
Name
Darren
Boat
building one
Pat and David, awesome trip and good grinds all around. Pat, way to go spreading the aloha, you do it many times and you do it well.

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Congrats Pat and crew. Thanks for the report and sharing your spread.
Thanks Luke, no problem on the lures, if it helps, that's cool.

You are the MAN!!! You always know where the fish are at.
Thanks for showing the colors.
Thanks Wally, I wish it were so (knowing where the fish are at), we do get lucky at times.

Pat and David, awesome trip and good grinds all around. Pat, way to go spreading the aloha, you do it many times and you do it well.
Thanks Darren, those Hebis were extra tasty.

Aloha
Pat