1-21-21 The Shoe. Sometimes the Bear Gets You.

Kman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Fished today with Dr Bob in one of his club’s new Thresher 25CCs in beautiful weather. We fished a bunch of places around the shoe, and while we saw fish on the meter, they had lockjaw. Water temp was 59 and change and there was zero current. We tried jigs, tube baits and my Kman Specials. We (well Bob) caught three fish, all on the Kman Special. I got three bites and the helmet. We said “f this” and gave up at noon.

The Thresher seemed like a nice enough boat with tons of freeboard and lots of bow flare. The Merc 200 was amazingly quiet and smooth under way and at idle. We usually take the Key West 239. This feels like A LOT more boat—even though it’s a 22 footer with a 3’ transom bracket. This will be a great Catalina ride.

Anyways we didn’t sink the boat or get arrested or towed. It was a great day on the water even though the fishing sucked. Oh I just got another 5 gallons of plastic, so if anyone needs to stock up on Kman Special swimbaits PM me.

Eidt: As if getting skunked wasn’t enough, I came home and saw a puddle of water under our commercial freezer in the garage. After twenty something years, it crapped the bed. Normally this time of year, there would be a crapton of pelagic meat in there, but Covid kept me from chasing much tuna this year so I “only” lost about 30 pounds of meat.

FC750BA2-787A-4A04-A126-31F9BDB332A8.jpeg

93F7037B-340C-41F3-A899-393CB9B3489A.jpeg

Last edited:

ANGLING ALLEN

Apr 14, 2006
Fullerton
Name
Larry
Boat
finatic
Missed you at the Shoe today, went solo out of San Pedro released 30 mixed bass and 1 sculpin on plastics. The Threshers are formidable boats. Now that I'm retired always looking to find fishing buddies, looks like we're in the "Club" together. Hit me up if you need another. Trying Izors tomorrow, hope the weather cooperates. Tight lines!

cali.jpg

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Good effort guys. Winter Bass'n has not been too stellar this year, then again it's all about timing, and conditions, conditions, conditions!