PENN

washingtonian

May 31, 2008
Puyallup, wa
Name
Bryan
Boat
Lean,Mean, Fishing Machine Campion 165
Hey all, I'm a northerner coming down to San Diego at the end of the month and was considering jumping on a charter to get in a little fishing while I'm there. Any 1/2 or 3/4 day charters you'd recommend? Also what can I expect? I'll be renting their gear, is there anything else I should bring? What will we be fishing for this time of year? I know, I'm asking alot, c'mon help a brother out!!

Upvote 0

dkd711

Skunk Master...
Jun 7, 2008
Huntington Beach
Name
Duke
Boat
"WFO SKUNK"
Jump on the MIssion Belle out of Point Loma Sport fishing. Yellow tails have been hitting off early this yr due to El Nino weather patterns. If you rent then just buy some Yo Yo Iron jigs from the Cashier around 8-$10 each. U can probably save $ if you buy them ahead of time. Salas 6x Jr, in blue/white, scramble egg, green/white are my weapons of choice. Bring a few of them, cuz u may lose them.

And also, Wrong Forum Fucker! There is a inshore/off shore scheduling forum.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/california-fishing/

Welcome to BD! =)

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
what day you plan on fishing?

Upvote 0

MadBeaver

Almost A Member
Feb 2, 2010
Oceanside Ca, USA
Name
Mike
Boat
Kayak
I would say the San Diego 3/4 day, it's a blast the yellow tail are biting and the boat, crew and Capt were great. The Capt worked hard all day, then spent a extra hour looking for one more school before we left it was a great experience.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    By "charter" do you mean you want to charter a boat for yourself and a few others? Or are you looking to jump on an "open party" boat and go fishing?

Upvote 0

lynndeva

Fishing mom
    Sep 14, 2009
    Socal
    Name
    Debi
    Boat
    Wellcraft Coastal
    The Malihini out of H & M Landing, I have taken many trips on that boat with my kids, they are awesome, great crew..you will fish around the coronado islands and the yellowtail are biting right now.

Upvote 0

FlyinFishOTI

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 5, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Name
    FlyinFish
    Boat
    none
    Bryan,

Call up Seaforth Landing, tell them you're coming in from out of state and would like to go on the San Diego 3/4 day trip. Make a reservation for your day.

Show up about an hour or more before the trip leaves. Get your rods rented and buy some tackle. They have a full shop.

Seaforth has tons or parking, a big tackle shop, and the San Diego is off the hook.

Upvote 0

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
    POWAY CA
    Name
    Richard Jones
    Boat
    Bigger is Better Thats what she said
    Yes the San Diego or the Mission Bell are the top 3/4 day boats. Call 1 day ahead and make a rese with the boat that has the least amount of people.For yo-yo use 40lb line. They are tough fish. With the jig they don,t see the line. Good Luck

Upvote 0

washingtonian

May 31, 2008
    Puyallup, wa
    Name
    Bryan
    Boat
    Lean,Mean, Fishing Machine Campion 165
    Right on, thats what I'm looking for! I'll call them next week when it gets closer to go time. Thanks fellas!

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat
    They're not going to sell out right now. I say go on the San Diego out of Seaforth. If you're waiting until the end of the month those fish could be settled in and might be more on live bait and less on the yoyo. The rental tackle's fine to fish live bait, a little on the light side for the yoyo. Ask the guys at the desk what the fish are eating and if they're eating the yoyo buy a couple then. Know use buying jigs you might not ever use.

Upvote 0