1/2 day fish thieves 9/27

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by 998R, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:
    Blue Monkey & Sangre Azul
    I WON’T NAME THE BOAT OR LANDING.

Because there’s too mangina’s on BD that can’t handle reports lately.

Got off work early today, made it to the landing 5 minutes before the boat left, sweet!

Boat leaves the point and turns left, tons of life between the point and the islands. They started the troll rotations. Didn’t take long, 1,2, 3 trollers goes off! HOOKUP!!!! I slide my colt sniper back, Bam! I’m on! Deck Brails bait, everybody’s hooked up. Full speed Bonito bite.

We loaded up on enough bonitos, off catching different fish. Anchored up in 50ft, most sculpins coming over the rail I’ve ever seen. I caught a few nice Sandbass to add to my sack.

Times up, heading back to the barn.

Typical procedures, Decky comes and ask if you want fish clean? Sure do, gut and gill please!

Time to pull out fish out the sack for jack pot.

I dumped my fish sack out. Weighed my fish, lost by a pound. Then I put all my fish back in the bag.

Broke down my gear, relaxed a bit. Then went into wheel house. Talked to captain bout the new bracelets for the islands. Then talked about Cabo San Lucas, he’s going there and I just got back on Sunday. Very nice guy and fishy captain.

Got to dock, I went to grab a cart because I have a buch of fish and gear.

Got to my car, dumped sack of fish into cooler. Dude, where’s my 5lb BASS?! Few other fish was gone too:(

I went straight back to the boat, deckys still cleaning boat. Captain is walking towards me, and we talked. My fish(s) is missing. I had a few word with the decky’s. I got heated, Captain resolves it by giving me my next ride with a friend for free. Very nice guy.

So my rant is, who is responsible for your fish when burlap sacks are involved on sport boats?

Deck hand? Angler?

Fish police was not doing his job today.

I would been more then willing to give anybody a fish if they asked. I hate thieves.

I enjoy hopping on sportboats because It’s less work rather then fishing solo on my own boat.

Most of you want to see pictures. I did a run on my skiff 2days ago to the islands. Had two guy on a skiff from Mexico waving their hands. Boat was dead, I gave them a battery jump Gatorade/water and pringles. They gave me shrimp!

54CC1A24-E3DE-41DB-AC7F-35EC15098430.png

ScaleyOne, jsl, muletrain and 13 others like this.
  2. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    Skipper more than made up for what ultimately is his responsibility and sounds like he probably will fix the problem...

3. dktool

dktool Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dean
    Boat:
    1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
    I would trade 12 volts, water, Gatorade and Pringles for that all day long !

galen, Whalebreath, Kin and 3 others like this.
  4. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    Sorry about your the missing fish, I've seen people going through others people sacks on 1.5 day trips and putting them in their sack and I called them out on it, Their reply was,, "Sorry I reached in the wrong sack" Yeah right!! How much tackle did you take on a 1/2 day trip to need a cart???

Cy Bodden likes this.
  5. dctalk523

dctalk523 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    ChoeMan
    Boat:
    Never
    Thieves suck. Props for helping out the stranded fishermen. Good people still exist in this eff’d uo world.

998R likes this.
  6. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:
    One time, on a sportboat..

2 weeks ago on the half day out of mission bay. We just finished catching some nice yellow tails and bass.

I was having a conversation with a fellow angler by the bait tank. Some random guy starts talking to us, explains that a deck hand released his bass back because it was undersized. He then says that he thinks his fish was bigger then the bass in the different bag. He pulls that fish out of the bag and ask us if we think the fish is legal?

I told him it was not up to us to make that call. It’s the deck hands responsibility to measure the fish and puts the fish in the right bag.

Told him there’s a ruler on the tank and measure the fish. He then proceeded to the other side of the tank, measured it. Came back to us, said it’s over 14. He then proceeded to put the fish in his bag that was 7 sacks to the right of mines. I called his ass out on the spot, because that bass he took was out of my sack!!!

Best thing was, I had a witness. We named him BS aka Bass snatcher!

1/2 trips have a trend going on. To many f’n shady peeps lately. Or am I the weirdo?

Now question bout my gear.

Full size gloomis back pack with 5 trays of jigs, yes it’s way to much for a 1/2day.

I had 3 rods. And a sack of fish, and was too lazy to lug it around. Cart sure helps.

ScaleyOne likes this.
  7. yo-mama

yo-mama Member

Name:
    ja
    Boat:
    magic
    If you don't have the guts to name the boat or landing, Then don't say anything>:(:indabutt:

8. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    Good of the skipper to give you a couple passes, that was pretty nice gesture, hope you thanked him. I would trade a couple gutter bass for a free ride any time. A crowded boat with a lot of fish to clean shit happens, pretty easy to mix up fish cleaning them or a few make their way back to the sea falling off the table.

9. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    Speaking of mangina's,this is your second "bitch post" this week.Pot meet kettle.

Bubba, jbarto, the SLIDER and 6 others like this.
  10. Bradleyjbush

Bradleyjbush Newbie

Name:
    bradley
    Boat:
    n/a
    Iv'e had my fish stolen multiple times. Either out of the sack, or when you leave your bag of fillets in the bait tank to stay cool.

11. queenfish

queenfish Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    mark
    Boat:
    19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
    Shrimp??? Since when is there a shrimp fishery here or in Baja Norte on the Pacific side??

Is this a joke?

We do have some spotted prawns at 1000 ft depth, caught one at a time, but not like these

bjamin likes this.
  12. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:
    You are one of the mangina’s is was referring too along with a few others.

What’s the reason why you have your private message Blocked from all members?? Because your the definition of A Mangina that hides behind a keyboard. Let’s face it, hardcore went hardcore on you. Stop being such a hater and giving such dumb reply’s on people’s reports.

What’s wrong with giving out awareness so fellow fishermen can enjoy more time out on the water? Nobody talks about afterfishing and securing their hard earn catch afterwards. So this was my scenario.

ALL THE MANGINAS out there that’s got a problem with me.

I will be working out at King tiger in North Park between 12-2 TODAY mon- Friday.
    They have a ring and gear if you want to go a round with me. Man the F up, I hate internet bullies.

plj46, I won’t fight a old salty fucker like you. But I’ll go a round with the Bitch ass son of yours that needed a band aid for his scratch on his arm.

Keep on drinking that haterade, you mad because I’m mostly fish while you posting?

Food for thought,

BD should have a boxing event for all members once a year. We’ll separate the men from the asshats.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    theclayishone, D Wyman and coacheric like this.
  13. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:

Mark, there’s definitely red shrimp down there. Those two guys jig them with baited sibikis. Not sure about. The depth, not a 1000ft because they were hand lined jigging.

I’m slipped in Southwest club and have a chairmen and his with confirm this, because I shared it with them.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  14. plj46

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    Look who's talking about internet bullies.I'll go and try to fix that blocked PM thing.Don't know what the problem is there,i've received PM's before.Try again later,i'll enjoy the laugh im sure.

15. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:
    All talk shit head. Stop hating and go fishing.

16. plj46

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    Apply that to yourself.You've now called people bullies and internet tough guys all the while acting out on these things yourself.Stop while you're still behind.

17. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:

I’ll go heads up with you, not in a ring. But a sportboat.

I challenge you to a fishing challenge. Only if you put money or some type of bet, fishing gear and money?

18. can

can Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    n/a
    "lost" fish happens quite often unfortunately.
    Especially sucks when you take your kids and they have to experience that first hand.:mad:

ScaleyOne likes this.
  19. 998R

998R Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    M
    Boat:
    Definitely.

You’ll never want to experience that again and pick up a differnt expensive sport like golf.

Nobody talks about securing your personal items, and fish after a open party trip. Shit like this shouldn’t happen. I hate thieves.

ScaleyOne likes this.
  20. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    i think we know why your fish was missing now....im 60 and 2700 miles away but would be glad to go a round

mrkrabs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.