1-2-11 Mixed Bag and good ones...

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Pat, congratulations on the fine catch! Thats the way to start off the new year with a big bang....
Thanks Brian, let's hope we all have days like this in 2011!
"May there be plenty of snapping rubber bands, exploding release clips and drags making very scary noises."

Indeed! Congrats on getting 2011 started right, sounds like an awesome day!
Thanks John it was awesome.
Dayum!

Nice bag!
Thanks Ali... Happy New Year
That's a helluva day...nice work
Thanks Brant
Wow, they sure grow um big in Waianae! Happy New Year Pat and crew. Monkey on, monkey off in no time.
Thanks Alan.
woah.... nice fish Pat... good going on putting the first timers on some fish! That's what it's all about right there! I'm sure you were loving your new boat and setup! Gotta love that diesel hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Thanks Scott, yep the engine noise on the triple certainly didn't scare them away since they all were pretty much in the prop wash.
Well said, and good job.
Thanks.
:cheers:Good haul Capt. Pat and crew. That should qualify as a trifecta.:urno1:
Thanks Stoney, 50's are really fun!
Pat, Congrats on an awesome catch! I think when the fish hear your boat coming, they come running (like a dinner bell)! The new year has already starting off fruitful...
Tight lines!
Thanks Jimmy, right place right time but they sure came a runnin'.
Very nice way to start the year.
Thanks Troy.
Pat and crew, Good going on your guys fish! Eat some sashimi for me, since I cant get out on the water for another month or so.
Thanks Jenson, consider it done. The month will go by quickly.
Pat and Crew, Great way to start the year congrats on the fish and most important the ahi. (nice) May you have many more to come. Good going again.
Thanks pretty special day for sure.
U going after the pelagic grand slam in 1 day? Nice catch.
Thanks Russ, we briefly talked about an ono, wondering what we would call it a poor man's clean sweep or a semi clean sweep. Figuring a Hebi is not quite a Kajiki.
Great catch. Nothing but nice ones.

-Jonny
Thanks Jonny.
Whoa....nice mixed bag. Congrats on the best day so far this year I'm sure! Brian
Thanks Brian, it certainly was a banner day.
Good going on a solid day on the water.
Thanks Nick.
Pat, nice catch and pics! Starting the new year like you ended the last, on the fish... Right on!
Thanks Brandon.
Pat,

Good going on your catch. I'm afraid that you might have spoiled Derek, though.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck, we tried to help Derek understand that was not quite a typical day.
Great going on the fish...what a day....

Tight lines,
Thanks Eric...

Thanks All for the kind words, may you all have a Very Blessed New Year!

Pat

force21

Oldie
Mar 3, 2009
Kailua Hi USA
Name
Glenn
Boat
21 Force JAYMIELYN
Happy New Year Pat! What a great start for this year & keep um coming in the boat!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
man epic day pat, way to slay'em!!!
Thanks Mike, give me a call if can...
Pat you sure know how to make a brother jealous.... That is for sure an epic day...
Thanks Noel and to think it was in January; hope we stay in this La Nina period for a long time (not sure it has anything to do with it but it sounds good).
Happy New Year Pat! What a great start for this year & keep um coming in the boat!
Thanks Glenn, The Good Lord willin' we'll all be havin' a banner 2011.

Pat

molokaipake

May 8, 2008
Kaunakakai, Molokai, USA
Name
capt clay
Boat
24 foot power catamaran, "Hallelujah Hou", 18 foot Prima Sea flatsboat, "Keu" for flyfishing
Love to see the "tuna sticks" in action, on a good standup tug of war. Having a matched, balanced setup is "lovely", actually, really fun rather than doing the standard "gorilla" thing. If anything, it evens up the score and you really "earn" your fish, makes them taste better too?

Awesome mixed bag, just the way I would have wanted it to happen, you got really "blessed", hope the streak continues for 2011, mahalo for sharing.

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Nice catch, Pat! You make it look easy. That's a terrific New Year trip. Keep it going!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Love to see the "tuna sticks" in action, on a good standup tug of war. Having a matched, balanced setup is "lovely", actually, really fun rather than doing the standard "gorilla" thing. If anything, it evens up the score and you really "earn" your fish, makes them taste better too?

Awesome mixed bag, just the way I would have wanted it to happen, you got really "blessed", hope the streak continues for 2011, mahalo for sharing.
Thanks Capt. Clay... we certainly have FUN with the battle part of fishing, especially the ornery ones. For what ever reason it was our day and we feel very Blessed and undeserving.
Nice catch, Pat! You make it look easy. That's a terrific New Year trip. Keep it going!
Thanks Pupule, right place right time then it's up to us.

Last edited: