PENN

Strike Zone

Jun 29, 2006
Chatsworth
Name
Ron Ballanti
Boat
none
Buddy and I are on rare 1-1/2 day trip leaving Sunday night on Polaris Supreme. Yes, at $645 its way more expensive than typical cattle boat, but with load of just 24 on wide 90-foot boat, long range boat experience and (I'm guessing) better food, should be a good fishing experience for those willing to pay a premium.

Reason we chose it is all stateroom accommodations — if you go with a bud you can share with a friend and avoid being stacked like cordwood in big bunk room full of strangers, which I am honestly a little worried about being an old dude. But not worried enough not to get out there, I need to pull on something...!

No connection to boat, never even been on her (usually fish Royal Star LR, or Pacific Dawn for shorter trips) but right now there's only 3 of us -- and I'm hopeful we can get enough bodies to make it out. Susan at the boat's HQ said she'll run with 17. Some benefits -- leave Sunday evening, fish all day Monday and back early Tuesday a.m. Not too much time disconnected from work, which matters to me as I run my own business. Also, it leaves at 6 p.m., not 9...so (not sure), perhaps they serve dinner on the first night too? Or can stop on BFT grounds for some night fishing before sunrise?

Last thought...see some of the 1.5 fleet switched to Cortez Banks for big yellows, with a shot at Bluefin on the way back in. Adds another possible dimension if the BFT continue to be more show than go down south.

Just wanted to put that out there. Book thru Fisherman's Landing if interested.

Reactions: Jeremyarrey
Upvote 0

Strike Zone

Jun 29, 2006
Chatsworth
Name
Ron Ballanti
Boat
none
Trip cancelled, unfortunately. There's a 1.5 on the Royal Polaris leaving 8-15, fishing Sunday with same number of people on an even bigger boat for $100 less. So, I guess each cloud has a silver lining.

Upvote 0