the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Not necessarily DP, just meant the Ocean.

Since I was in 4th grade, I have always lived within 4 miles of the ocean. When I moved out at 18, my first place was at Walnut and 13th in HB. Lived there for 13 years when I surfed a lot. Ocean could be seen from our apartment window. That was awesome. When moving to Laguna Niguel at 31 I brought a small aluminum skiff and have fished year-round since. Now at 61 and blessed with a boat that is a little more comfortable and I take less abuse, I will be at it, till my dying breath.

When the ocean gets in your blood, you are like a junkie. There is only one fix, get back out there in whatever fashion you can: surfing, sailing, kiteboarding, fishing, paddle boarding or just a swim. The ocean never ceases to amaze me. Total therapy, even when it gets sporty. Today was purdy!

P1020582.JPG

There really was not a plan other than getting out there early. Went down to the launch yesterday morning with “Bolan” to try and get her used to the activity. Garbage trucks and diesel motors were something new. She tripped about the turd circus. So today I was in the water by 6:15.

Caught some Spanish Mackerel just to have and to hone my skills. Went around all the boats off the point and snugged the shoreline from Monarch Point to Table Rock playing with the electronics and viewing both the beautiful shoreline and the displays. Got to table Rock and headed out to 325 ft deep along the MLPA line. Nothing interesting. My stomach growled, thought about fish tacos and headed to the sure thing.

P1020589.JPG

P1020590.JPG

Tonight's Tacos.

Water was Bass green/blue about 15 ft visibility, Temperature was 65-66 degrees inshore. Winds very-light from the west until about 11:00 am then picked a little. Light current downhill.

My little girl hurt her hind leg this week, so I didn’t take her fishing on her first trip. She is ready. (we have played in the garaged boat and we go in the car/truck for daily trips). She is not getting sick in the car but is a spaz still climbing over the Audi’s leather interior. Needless to say; the truck is for an adolescent Heeler. Almost 4 months old and will be a toothless wonder in a week or two.

Head over the rail was my qualification for her. Just ordered another doggie life vest on Amazon. The other two I had for Mudskipper’s dog “Luca” are too small. Hopefully next trip. Then I won’t be solo anymore.

P1020605.JPG

There really is . . . no place like home!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Great sharing of one's own "addiction". I believe those who experience the "expansion" mentally ....created by continuous ocean contact in our early years.... know what I'm talking about.

It's like a drug.... seriously ..... but in a good way. Alters mood, expectations, life direction..... careers.... everything.

We're blessed. ... to have those experiences .... and speak of them with like minded people. Great post "SLIDER"! Nice boat! Love the tacos as well!

Upvote 0

wlca

Almost A Member
    May 5, 2005
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Wayne
    Boat
    Pro-Line 190 Sport “Blind Squirrel”
    Nice pup! Perfect First Mate. Looks like a blue heeler? My heeler won’t even go on a floating dock, let alone a boat, haha.

• Haha
    Reactions: the SLIDER
    Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    No place like home.....