Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Oct 11, 2004
SD
Name
scott
Boat
Intrepid 300 CC
The only bad of the day, the worst bait I have ever had... most rolled by the time we got to the grounds.

left SD bay at 5, no one at the bait barge, maybe the word got out. Headed towards the San Salvador Knoll in a bumpy and choppy sea with some wind on it. A few miles short of the numbers, I see something so we slow down and look around. Drop in the Sardine 165 DTX Minnow I bought yesterday for no particular reason except I heard they were good. Just get the boat up to 9 mph ad it goes off, no more than 90 seconds after it hit the water. 60 to 65 LB BFT. Now it’s my favorite. Got 2 more on it and 1 on another jig. Other 3 were 25 ish.

Simple day, trolled for 6 hours for 4 fish landed and one short bite. Back to the bay to clean the fish, clean the boat and head home to vacuum seal some good eats.

Best of luck out there

Jordan Bergstrom

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 27, 2017
Huntington Beach
Name
Jordan Bergstrom
Boat
N/A
Heard you out there yesterday. Nice work! All our bait died as well. Thinking the rough ride played a big part in that. Threw the sniper all day on boiling fish and lost two due to hook failure.

robaire

Angler
Jul 22, 2013
Menifee, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
n/a
Good job on the troll Bro.

BAIT SUCKS RIGHT NOW. I HAD ASKED FOR CURED AND THEY SAID NOT AVAILABLE AS THEY WERE HANDING OFF TO A CERTAIN BIG BOAT OUT OF " SAN DIEGO " hint hint