06-12-16

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Mike, Ian and I pushed off around 4 and got a few Akule and then headed to all of the usual haunts. Somewhere just before the mid day tide change the stbdrigger went, a truly screaming run... With a couple of guys on the back deck its easy for me to run the boat. Actually took the Kai'Nana out of gear for awhile of the initial run, he was goin'.
IMG_1519.JPG

Back deck all cleared and Ian geared up, after some time Ian says to Mike, "I think you should take this fish". Mike "always gentleman" agrees, Mike finishes him off. There was a lot of glare on the water so couldn't see deep color, he somewhat popped up sooner than I expected. I leadered, Mike put the rod in the holder and was to gaff. When the fish came up, he circled behind the boat and went from the stbd to port side, really don't like them moving around all that much on the surface. Mike stuck the gaff and Ian followed with the second, in thru the door he came.
IMG_1539.JPG

Got set back up, Mike was running the boat, I was gutting the critter, my head was right by the port rigger rod. Never heard it release but certainly heard it growl. Guts and blood all over the back deck, clearing lines and another fish on; what a problem to have. It was short lived, eventually came off.

Tried for a few more hours but never had another touch. Fish head, belly meat and Akule for dinner, fresh Ahi sashimi for pupus, yum.
IMG_1542.JPG

Just rigged up a Miracle Lure I recently picked up from Avin, obviously its a winner. It looks like an Ono bit it but I am not 100% sure, it came in this way with the fish attached.
IMG_0349.JPG

Cheers
Pat

grander007

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 10, 2007
Honolulu
Name
zzzz
Boat
46, Bertram, Deep Blue
Team BlackFin strikes again..... Way to go.
We just got an Ono on the short corner in deep water. Ha ha.

Tight lines,

shfish

Apr 14, 2012
Palolo
Name
Spencer
Boat
Ohana H, 30' Knife
Mike, Ian and I pushed off around 4 and got a few Akule and then headed to all of the usual haunts. Somewhere just before the mid day tide change the stbdrigger went, a truly screaming run... With a couple of guys on the back deck its easy for me to run the boat. Actually took the Kai'Nana out of gear for awhile of the initial run, he was goin'.
View attachment 768713
Back deck all cleared and Ian geared up, after some time Ian says to Mike, "I think you should take this fish". Mike "always gentleman" agrees, Mike finishes him off. There was a lot of glare on the water so couldn't see deep color, he somewhat popped up sooner than I expected. I leadered, Mike put the rod in the holder and was to gaff. When the fish came up, he circled behind the boat and went from the stbd to port side, really don't like them moving around all that much on the surface. Mike stuck the gaff and Ian followed with the second, in thru the door he came.
View attachment 768714
Got set back up, Mike was running the boat, I was gutting the critter, my head was right by the port rigger rod. Never heard it release but certainly heard it growl. Guts and blood all over the back deck, clearing lines and another fish on; what a problem to have. It was short lived, eventually came off.

Tried for a few more hours but never had another touch. Fish head, belly meat and Akule for dinner, fresh Ahi sashimi for pupus, yum.
View attachment 768715
Just rigged up a Miracle Lure I recently picked up from Avin, obviously its a winner. It looks like an Ono bit it but I am not 100% sure, it came in this way with the fish attached.
View attachment 768716
Cheers
Pat
Aloha Captain Pat,

Great job on the tuna!!!!! Looks like a fatty:):)!!! Congratulation on your Ahi!! Brother Ill see you in the tourney I am team 91 go loadem up brother!!

Aloha Spens

AKEMI TOO

Nov 20, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Steven
Boat
21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
Nice fat fish, the Kai Nana's doing her usual thing finding the yellows. Good luck in the tournament.

pfont

no mo boat
Jul 6, 2010
mililani
Name
peter fontanilla
Boat
17' Arima Sea Chaser-"kiana" - SOLD on 9/16/2016
wtg capt. pat ... thanks always for sharing your catches ... good luck and best wishes for the "kai nana" in the tourney ... mahalos pete

calvinkeithpres

ISLAND WARRIOR
Apr 29, 2011
Sunset Bch, Hi USA
Name
Calvin Pressly
Boat
Island Warrior
View attachment 768713
View attachment 768714

View attachment 768715
View attachment 768716
Cheers
Pat

hiloboy

Okinawaiian Sencho
Feb 26, 2009
Okinawa Japan
Name
Donald
Boat
Yamaha 25 SR Flybridge
Solid! Way to go Pat and Crew! I always look forward to your posts and pics, Mahalo fo sharing!

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Kai Nana strikes again with another big one! Good going on that fat boy, Pat and crew!

Surfdawg

Apr 4, 2013
Kailua
Name
Mike
Boat
Blackfin 29' Flybridge
Way to represent the Blackfin family Pat!! Nice fish and thanks for sharing the story. Good luck in the tournament! Also thanks for taking the time to post the Block numbers daily - very much appreciated.

conor

Nov 9, 2010
Oahu
Name
Ohana o Kai
Boat
20 ft. Pioneer
Great catch Pat

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Team BlackFin strikes again..... Way to go.
We just got an Ono on the short corner in deep water. Ha ha.

Tight lines,
Thanks Eric, good goin' on the Ono.

Aloha Captain Pat,

Great job on the tuna!!!!! Looks like a fatty:):)!!! Congratulation on your Ahi!! Brother Ill see you in the tourney I am team 91 go loadem up brother!!

Aloha Spens
Thanks Spens, see you Saturday and Good Luck.

Nice fat fish, the Kai Nana's doing her usual thing finding the yellows. Good luck in the tournament.
Thanks Steven.

Congrats on a NICE fish
Thanks Tommy.

Looks like a nice fat one., Well done.
Thanks Mike.

wtg capt. pat ... thanks always for sharing your catches ... good luck and best wishes for the "kai nana" in the tourney ... mahalos pete
Thanks Pete.

A nice fat one Pat! Congrats!
Thanks Calvin.

Solid! Way to go Pat and Crew! I always look forward to your posts and pics, Mahalo fo sharing!
Thanks Donald.

Kai Nana strikes again with another big one! Good going on that fat boy, Pat and crew!
Thanks Todd.

Nice catch Pat!!!!!
Thanks Ken.

Nice dozer ahi Pat and crew. Good luck, aloha
Thanks Kalani.

Good going Pat and crew! Nice ahi!
Thanks Jimmy

Way to represent the Blackfin family Pat!! Nice fish and thanks for sharing the story. Good luck in the tournament! Also thanks for taking the time to post the Block numbers daily - very much appreciated.
Thanks Mike

Great catch Pat
Thanks Conor.

Nice job Pat.
Thanks Chuck.

Telling the story gets me to relive it and for some that couldn't get out there an opportunity to feel some of the exhilaration.

Cheers
Pat

jkvshooter

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 14, 2009
Oahu
Name
justin
Boat
Fiber Form
Great job! Sounds like you made a plan and it worked. Look forward to your next report.

Aloha,
Justin

kagami

Wish I was fishing right now...
Nov 28, 2010
Oahu
Name
Shane
Boat
In the market for one
Awesome catch Pat! Nice fat one! Good Luck in the tournament. Tight lines!!!

No need for 80's

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 6, 2015
Name
John Johnson
Boat
32' regulator
Good work. Great to see some one finnaly stand up and fish like they got a pair.

changboy

Nov 9, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Brian
Boat
"PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
Pat, nice fish, now I gotta get mine!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Great job! Sounds like you made a plan and it worked. Look forward to your next report.

Aloha,
Justin
Thanks Justin, here's to all plans going forward working out!!!!

Awesome catch Pat! Nice fat one! Good Luck in the tournament. Tight lines!!!
Thanks Shane.

Pat, nice fish, now I gotta get mine!
Thanks Brian, now that you are up and running, should be on your next trip.

Cheers
Pat

Hij

Aug 1, 2011
Mililani HI
Name
Jason Hijirida
Boat
25 Force, PAIGE H
Nice catch as always Pat! Good luck in the tournament tomorrow!