05/03/14 Coronado Islands Assassination part 2!!!

PENN

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    Well gentlemen it was another murderous day aboard the 187 FISH!!! Started our day at 4:00 am with the same enthusiastic crew as last time, Capt. Verne, Brian, Larry, Angel and myself.

The morning could not be more perfect, zero wind no swell and flatter than flat conditions made for a perfect day to be out on the wide open water. Like always did our home work got the “Fish Dope” and off we went in search of the waiting yellows.

We are the first on the scene, water was a nice deep blue and 65.5(f) we drop our lines and begin our troll. Slow start at the first stop but relocated to a different spot and a bit warmer water at 66(f), got our first slammmmmmm Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…..

Shortly after we land our first fish, within minutes we get hit again Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…. Then again Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, three 25 plus lbs yellows on the boat by 8:30 am. This is looking like a repeat of last trip that made the Front Home Page on Bloody Deck, so with that in mind we were on a mission to be on the home page again!!!

Now boats are radioing us asking what we were using cause no one around us was getting back to back strikes or the success we were having. Boats began to get closer and soon realized that we were the crew of the” 187 FISH”, fishing machine!!! (hahaha), so the news got out and even the sporties began to nosey around (hahaha).

Brian landed the biggest of all our fish but almost lost it to a desperate Fat Fuck Seal. The seal grabbed it by the tail and off it went. Capt. Verne began the chase down, not allowing the fat bastard to come up for air. We all began to enter the fight, one yelling at it, one slapping the water, Brian holding on working the rod and Capt. Verne right on top of that fat fuck, it was either drown or let this tasty yellow go???? (No pics of the epic fight cause we were all involved in the fight).

That poor seal had no clue who was the crew on this boat, so he was forced to let it go and Brain gets his prize fish.

We ended our day in Larry’s tradition by toasting to another fine day of fishing. Enjoy the video and pics.

image.jpeg

image (1).jpeg

IMG951626.jpg

IMG958231.jpg

0503140840.jpg

0503141423.jpg

0502141048.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
    Mar 9, 2014
    SoCal
    Name
    Ray
    Boat
    23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
    Awesome story, catch, day on the water...

Upvote 0

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
    Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
    it was a GREAT day... and beating that seals was the awesome to end the day by for sure!!!

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
    on a side note... not only did we fill the kill bag but we put a good hurting on one of the fish holds too! :cheers:

0503041256.jpg

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    all on jigs/trollers... didn't even bother with bait!

Upvote 0

eddiefishtaco

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 16, 2009
    FONTANA,CA USA
    Name
    EDDIE
    Boat
    sold
    Looks like you guys had fun
    That's is what is all about

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Rob forgot to add in the post that he helped out a fellow fisherman when he needed a trolling lure, Rob stepped up so he could have a chance for some fish with an X-Rap

Reactions: Frijolez
    Upvote 0

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
  • Jul 30, 2008
    San Diego
    cox.net
    Name
    Rob
    Boat
    Luhrs Tournament series
    It has been a great start to what may be one of the best spring bite I have ever had....

Upvote 0

dragonem

dragonem
    Jan 9, 2012
    SAN DIEGO
    Name
    LARRY
    Boat
    none
    Would have been a great pic at the end of the "Sea Dog Beat Down" if we had gotten a pic of all of us sending the 1 finger salute, spontaneously, at the end seeing the helpless, gasping for air look on it's face and in those "tired" eyes!! :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

Upvote 0

KNOT HOME

Fuel User
    Nov 5, 2010
    Ventura, CA
    Name
    Randy
    Boat
    Parker 2310 - "Knot Home"
    You guys are on it!!! Great start to your year....

Youll be bummed when everyone starts following your around... LOL

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Would have been a great pic at the end of the "Sea Dog Beat Down" if we had gotten a pic of all of us sending the 1 finger salute, spontaneously, at the end seeing the helpless, gasping for air look on it's face and in those "tired" eyes!! :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

we need to get robs go-pro mounted... just for that reason!!

Upvote 0

Piece of Ship

Daddyhodelicious
    Apr 13, 2014
    Chula Vista, CA.
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    Wet dream for NOW!!

I'm still not sure what was funnier and more memorable, the entire crew of the 187 Fish fully engaged in an all out epic battle to win back the hog size YT out from the fangs of that fat [email protected] Sea Dog or Brian slapping me across the face during our piss poor attempt at a victory "high-five"?!

Either way gentlemen, it was another perfect day on the pond but more importantly, a great day amongst friends… A good day to be alive to say the least!!

Outstanding write up Rob! I look forward to our next hunt!!!

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    I'm still not sure what was funnier and more memorable, the entire crew of the 187 Fish fully engaged in an all out epic battle to win back the hog size YT out from the fangs of that fat [email protected] Sea Dog or Brian slapping me across the face during our piss poor attempt at a victory "high-five"?!

I think both where GREAT!!! :slap:

Upvote 0

InRodWeTrust

Too blessed 2 be stressed
    Mar 8, 2013
    San Diego
    Name
    Wes
    Boat
    Inflatable
    Bitchin catch! Too bad its at the end of the season and things are winding down... :)

Upvote 0

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
    Jul 14, 2004
    Alta Loma/Huntington
    Name
    Billy
    Boat
    WWW - 25’ Proline
    Nice job! Looks like a great time! Be careful throwing a fish on the deck with a jig in it's mouth.... That doesn't always end well! :jig:LOL

Upvote 0