PENN

Hey-19

Aug 31, 2020
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Name
barry skaggs
Boat
C-Dory TomCat
I figured if I was going to wait for decent weather to get a line wet it might not be until sometime in June, and I don’t want to wait that long. Plus there is the added bonus of having the ocean almost to yourself, and if you get skunked no one will raise an eyebrow.

We drove around the horseshoe for about 4 hours this morning, pretty choppy, few whitecaps, water 59-61. Didn’t meter many fish. Too rough to drift for us so we anchored in a few spots. We caught a sculpin, and one nice sand bass on a k-man. We also tried cut squid and live smelt but got no love.

We then moved inside the harbor and used light tackle with lead heads and Gulp shrimp pattern plastics to catch around 10 bass.

It was good to be out, and it is going to make the good days all the sweeter.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    Thanks for the report, I was going head out early this morning then pull my tub out for 100hr service and re-wire but opted out being solo with the wind factor. My homie picked up a nice spotty in the harbor this afternoon, can’t wait for summer the fish start biting and the girls are running around in their underwear😃

B0849C9A-287D-4C3C-8DFC-CADAA29FC6DF.png

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great report and Info..glad you got out, and hooked a few
    Like I say "You'll never KNOW, unless you GO fishing" LOL

Reactions: Hey-19
    Upvote 0

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    Thanks for the report! Looks like a nice day !

Upvote 0