02-05-11 Banker's Hours Part II

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Thought about goin' today, sort of left it up to Robert; yesterday he discovered he would not be able to go. Next Time... Woke up this AM see it was a mighty fine morning, did some chores and headed down to the boat around 9am. Figuring I might go; I'll see what's happening when I get down there.

Slip neighbor Greg is there asked if he was up for a mid day excursion, he said "sure why not". Pushed off, set out the spread, got in the tower, didn't have to wait long. The stbd flat line went first, that fish would not leave the lure alone BUT he also couldn't figure out how to get the hook in his jaw. Then the stbd corner went and the center... just as quick as they grabbed 'em they let 'em go. At 1 point had 3 tight; ended up with 1 on the port corner the old trusty purple softhead.
nairagi020511.jpg
Cheers
Pat

Quick Lunar New Year late report (2/3/11). Pretty slow except for about 2 minutes of mayhem. The port corner went (softhead) when we were outside the 1500. It took it very slow and steady about the time we were getting to the 4th rod; she came to life. She had less that 200 yds in the water when she came up next to the boat, at that point the rod stood up and away she swam; looked every bit of 600. The trailing hook leader broke, not sure why other than it was not up to the challenge.

Hagimogi

Dec 8, 2009
Honolulu
Name
Dean
Boat
17' Alii Kai "Hagimogi"
Nice one and just in time for tomrws superbowl party. I thought of heading out today but didn't want to chance um with the bad weather coming.

aj1976

Apr 14, 2008
kaneohe
Name
aj
Boat
23 Seacraft
"why not?" ---> that's a good motto to live by. Good going on the stripey and nice 'professional' release on the big girl.

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
Pat, You are a Marlin Professor. Just got back and hope to get the boat in later this week. Your Banker hours have not gone unoticed by Kathy and the kids. I guess I'll have to go get the bait on my own then grab them at a more reasonable hour. Keep up the grat pics and stories.

v/r Joe

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
17' Seaswirl Striper CC, Krystana C.
Pat, good going, just the right size. Good grinds for today! Thanks for the west side report...

Jimmy

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Nice one and just in time for tomrws superbowl party. I thought of heading out today but didn't want to chance um with the bad weather coming.
Thanks Dean, water was nice picked up some in the early PM.

Way to get it done. Seems like you have been on fire with the marlin lately.

Jonny
Thanks Jonny... lucky-lucky.

"why not?" ---> that's a good motto to live by. Good going on the stripey and nice 'professional' release on the big girl.
Thanks Alan.

Another nice one Pat. Thanks for the post.
Thanks Brandon.

Pat, You are a Marlin Professor. Just got back and hope to get the boat in later this week. Your Banker hours have not gone unoticed by Kathy and the kids. I guess I'll have to go get the bait on my own then grab them at a more reasonable hour. Keep up the grat pics and stories.

v/r Joe
Thanks Joe, sorry I now realize the errors of my ways. Tell Kathy and the kids, their best chance is the early morning bite.

Pat, good going, just the right size. Good grinds for today! Thanks for the west side report...

Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy

Cheers
Pat

PacificPredator

Captain
Dec 9, 2010
LBC
Name
Brad
Boat
29' Phoenix Sportfisher
nice one
thanks for sharing

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"

Pupule

Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
You're sure on a hot streak, Pat. Congrats!

I need to get out soon while the striper action is good. A lot of people are reporting multiple strikes out there.