JTrelikes

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    This is a United Composites CX76 Raptor for Chris Kelly of Belching Beaver Brewery (love their beers!). Chris is a big fan of James Bond, so this is his third 007 themed build. Rod has all Batson / Alps components featuring the gorgeous XHN titanium guides with the chameleon zirconium rings (that ended up looking nice with the metallic teal). Created this color combo from a couple of images Chris gave me from the "Thunderball" movie. One was an underwater pic of an octopus, and a Hawaiian shirt being worn by "Q". :D

DSCN4343.JPG
    DSCN4344.JPG
    DSCN4346.JPG
    DSCN4353.JPG
    DSCN4352.JPG
    DSCN4357.JPG
    DSCN4359.JPG

DSCN4360.JPG
    DSCN4361.JPG
    DSCN4364.JPG
    DSCN4365.JPG
    DSCN4367.JPG
    DSCN4372.JPG
    DSCN4378.JPG

JTrelikes

• Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    Sweet wrap again, Jim. Digging that octopus SPECTRE logo! x2 on the PB stout, Einar! 🍻 Len, you watch too many Ian Fleming movies. 😂 If you don't mind me asking, where are you (or anyone else) sourcing the matte grey Alps reel seats?

I buy direct. These were a special run, and last time I tried to order more, they were all gone. Not to say a distributor out there wouldn't have some left. Just have to check around. But they were REALLY popular! Wouldn't be surprised if they add them as a regular item. Gotta ask Bill Batson. ;)

Reactions: kuyamonster
    Upvote 0

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
    Jul 31, 2007
    Vista, CA
    Name
    CK
    Boat
    Royal Polaris, Ocean Odyssey, Yours with an invite
    This rod is so sweet to see in the sun. Fished the heck out of it on the RR3 a couple weeks ago, and I'm still smiling. Thank you again for building the rods I've dreamed about for so long. I'm super stoked every time I get to fish all of them.

Reactions: JTrelikes
    Upvote 0

JTrelikes

• Oct 3, 2006
    Lakeside, CA
    Name
    Jim Trelikes
    Boat
    Bubba Jean 28
    This rod is so sweet to see in the sun. Fished the heck out of it on the RR3 a couple weeks ago, and I'm still smiling. Thank you again for building the rods I've dreamed about for so long. I'm super stoked every time I get to fish all of them.
    Appreciate it Chris, always been a pleasure my friend! :)

Upvote 0