Offshore 0 fot 0 for 0 Pacific Queen

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    Hey tough day Pacific Queen, 13 th to 15th 1 1/2 day , All zeros for everyone on board. Good boat, great crew, My take ,they did what has been working for them ,just didn't work yesterday, oh well. Only gipes I heard, 1 1/2 day bight so close we were parked for last 5 hours in harbor, lot of bait left, would recommend especially to younger crew, I know they thought about running out towards SCI ,it's heros or zeros on these kinds of trips just a hard decision when so close to landing. For me I'd rather of run out all day ,used bait , gotten back at 7:30 as advertised, not set for eight hours of 1 1/2 day . Fun ,helpfull crew, good trip, tough decisions, They did whats been working, just not this time,lots of their regulars, good luck guys

Upvote 0

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
    Sep 12, 2010
    garden grove, ca
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Maria
    Wow sorry bro. Now how come they dont go rockfishing! 9 area or near kelp line for bass... Yeah did same kinda trip on the eclipse month ago 1.5 day 1 bft couple rat yt at the 43 then sit at the 9 for rest of evening. We were wondering why not just go home so we can sleep on our own beds?

Upvote 0

makairaa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    Wow sorry bro. Now how come they dont go rockfishing! 9 area or near kelp line for bass... Yeah did same kinda trip on the eclipse month ago 1.5 day 1 bft couple rat yt at the 43 then sit at the 9 for rest of evening. We were wondering why not just go home so we can sleep on our own beds?
    There is a locked gate on the pier to the docks. Nobody is there to unlock it till morning.

Reactions: Dozeroperator
    Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    They are so close to the Point. What do you want them to do fish at night? I don't think the landing is open in the early morning.
    Not gripping, didn't want to rockfish,last stop could have made them heros, when morning wasn't working , maybe run check out areas further awy so we could have idled back got in at right time. Like I said heros or zeros.. Polite crew, stayed away from the masses, respeced other boats, Fish at night, maybe, change trip to 1 day maybe,do some exploring ? I would recommend these guys , lots of hard work. Really just posted because landing didnt mention trip. Always tough call when bight so close my only problem was being old fart not much room to relax on the boat, I like the ocean, we were boxing around fleet al day, A try to some of the more outside areas, and a slow ride back in on time wouldn't have bothered me. Leaving the area with boats on fish would have been tough and caused some controversy if the number was still 0. .Never had the 0 0 0 before, Thought one guy ws going to swim for it at 3:00 am, food for thought, Were there any options 8hrs out. These guys tried hard,did not go into conservation mode, good luck guys

Reactions: SeaAddict
    Upvote 0

makairaa

May 1, 2005
    Tustin CA
    Name
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat
    17 starcraft
    The fleet is respecting the residential neighbors by not dropping smelly noisy fishermen off in the middle of the night.
    The gate originally came around as part of the 9/11 regulations. Its considered a port of entry.

Upvote 0
    B

BigPlay

Pacific Queen is a solid boat with a solid crew. I can guarantee that it killed those guys worse than the passengers to not get on fish. I know the last few days the Navy has been making it tough to fish the raging spot of bluefin that these boats have been killing it on. The yellowfin are out there but they are about as fickle as I've ever seen them. Red hot or ice cold. Thats a tough on on a 1.5 day - but know you were on the right boat with the right crew.

Upvote 0

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
    Sep 12, 2010
    garden grove, ca
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Maria
    I think if i was going to blow up a port or something id be in a private boat not a well respected sportie on a busy landing. Those public harbors ie huntington harbor would be a nice spot for a small boat coming in and out at all times of night i would worry more about them. I listened to a policeman on harbor duty on one of my trips hes currently with harbor patrol and said some of the things he have seen blows my mind drug boats human trafficking etc. What good is locking the gates on a landing?

Upvote 0

kevina

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    Not gripping, didn't want to rockfish,last stop could have made them heros, when morning wasn't working , maybe run check out areas further awy so we could have idled back got in at right time. Like I said heros or zeros.. Polite crew, stayed away from the masses, respeced other boats, Fish at night, maybe, change trip to 1 day maybe,do some exploring ? I would recommend these guys , lots of hard work. Really just posted because landing didnt mention trip. Always tough call when bight so close my only problem was being old fart not much room to relax on the boat, I like the ocean, we were boxing around fleet al day, A try to some of the more outside areas, and a slow ride back in on time wouldn't have bothered me. Leaving the area with boats on fish would have been tough and caused some controversy if the number was still 0. .Never had the 0 0 0 before, Thought one guy ws going to swim for it at 3:00 am, food for thought, Were there any options 8hrs out. These guys tried hard,did not go into conservation mode, good luck guys
    You mean BITE,

Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    You don't need a key if you exit the gates at the landing. You need a key to go down to the boats.
    Ya great boat and landing, bad spelling on me, just posted because didn't see anything on there sight. We needed the sleep before lone ride home. Really don't know what else they could have done,thought someone more current than me would have an answer. Gate deal was explained to me as security issue as while you're leaving others can sneak in and borrow items fron other boats. Everyone worked hard,got me up to speed after long break from this type of fishing and we got the normal amount of fishing time for 1 1/2 day. Good luck everyone , just like to see all counts posted so people can make a decision on next trip. Anyone have good results more outside on 14th?

Upvote 0

[email protected]

Tight Lines
    Sep 12, 2012
    O'Side
    Name
    darryl
    Boat
    Cucamonga
    Well, that's why it's called fishing and not catching. Still, you were on the right boat. I have been on it and skunked, and on it when it was "Bucket List" fishing. PQ is up there with the best. Maybe we have been spoiled this year and last year with El Nino~ ? Hey, you sound like you are not whining, just commenting. Better luck next time!

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen
    Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    1 1/2 day bight so close we were parked for last 5 hours in harbor, lot of bait left

Same happened to me fishing a 4 day on the Intrepid 2 years ago. It was supposed to be back early in the morning, but the captain decided to head back with still half a day to fish. I thought he might be going to the Coronado's for the afternoon bite but got to SD with daylight left and spent the last night anchored in the harbor. We caught a lot of fish, but nowhere near limits. There was plenty of bait left.

I did feel a little disappointed about losing a 1/2 day, but the boat, crew and food were all outstanding and we had a great time... and I brought home plenty of fish anyway.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

CanonGuy

Jul 29, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    대장 암
    Boat
    I don't own one
    I heard from Gavin that they have to park in the harbor for 5 hrs because of insurance reasons. They can't unload the people at 2am and have them drive home (tired maybe?). I was on the Queen last month and the same thing happened (except we had fish). We slept on the boat from 2-6am in the harbor.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    I heard from Gavin that they have to park in the harbor for 5 hrs because of insurance reasons. They can't unload the people at 2am and have them drive home (tired maybe?). I was on the Queen last month and the same thing happened (except we had fish). We slept on the boat from 2-6am in the harbor.
    all the Boats do the same thing, I have Gotten up Many
    times in the Middle of the Night ,too Go to the Rest Room
    and noticed we were Tied up too the Bait Docks
    and one of the Crew told, me it's something
    with the Port Authority, so just go back to my Bunk
    and get a Couple more Hours of Sleep
    it is was it is, no Biggie For me

Reactions: makairaa
    Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    We needed the sleep , I was just trying to see if anyone could come up with an idea to change the itinerary so you would come in on time. Actually more of there regulars and people who lived close were bitching. I can see how tough it was on people who lived close. Again we got our time on fish,no grips from my crew. A lot of shouda,woulda,coulda, on this type pf trip. I sleep better when boats moving,so was up once an hour,just reflecting on conversations with other passengers. Would like to see all trips on there website, Would liked to have thrown the bait tank at the fish on last couple stops,maybe we could have of KOd couple fish. Good boat good people, just an unusual situation.

Upvote 0

steve51

Nov 22, 2014
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    tarpon 120
    les I was on that boat also. It was a really bad job by the captain. We passed many boats on the drift several times that day sometimes more than once and we never even stopped for a soak. the 3/4 day boats brought in fish. we had three stops all day none lasting more than 15 or 20 minutes. the boat has a good reputation but the young relief captain does not. i have fished for many years and I have never seen anything like that trip. We did not fish. You may check and see the report for the el capital we drove by it on the soak twice and never stopped. as far as the 5 o'clock landing rule that is true you can dock at 5 o'clock. we sat in the harbor till a few minutes till 6 while the crew screwed around. the ranger85 and one other boat were dockside at 5 we had a bad trip all around. Bad fishing is part of the deal anytime you step on a boat but we had a bad performance by the crew. I think this is being kind based on what i saw.

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen
    Upvote 0

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
  • May 31, 2014
    Name
    Leslie. Christensen
    Boat
    Ponga
    les I was on that boat also. It was a really bad job by the captain. We passed many boats on the drift several times that day sometimes more than once and we never even stopped for a soak. the 3/4 day boats brought in fish. we had three stops all day none lasting more than 15 or 20 minutes. the boat has a good reputation but the young relief captain does not. i have fished for many years and I have never seen anything like that trip. We did not fish. You may check and see the report for the el capital we drove by it on the soak twice and never stopped. as far as the 5 o'clock landing rule that is true you can dock at 5 o'clock. we sat in the harbor till a few minutes till 6 while the crew screwed around. the ranger85 and one other boat were dockside at 5 we had a bad trip all around. Bad fishing is part of the deal anytime you step on a boat but we had a bad performance by the crew. I think this is being kind based on what i saw.
    Thanks for getting your thoughts in ya I saw lot of stuff I wondered about but I haven't don much of these trips last few years. Try to sty positive. Again this started because the landing did not post the trip. If you want to really fish go south, look up the baja stuff from August when there boats got into it with the SQ guys. I know our crew tried . It was like something was missing. Coming back with so much bait, avoiding the fleet when all the posts on hear talk about long soaks and max chuming, I don't, pm me and i'll send you info for sq, I almost wore my caption Jaun shirt he gave me. Just spent day doig some ranch stuff Don one of the other guys on trip with me. Stopped by his bar on way home. 10 guys discussing this stuff ,between them 100 nd something charters out of there. Same old stuff false advertising phoney counts, Before on line crap they would a t least give you passes or something 1/2 off if your trip was weak. Not posting this cost em any more charters from our group, have fun, good luck, loved the crew just didn't work out Chivito

Upvote 0