BabyGiant

Get bit
Jan 3, 2005
Irvine
Name
Mark
Boat
24' Robalo, REEL TROUBLE
Launched at 4:30am from Shelter. Went straight to the 230. Stopped a mile short to take a dump but as soon as I slowed down the first wolf pack breezed through so up went the kite and flyer and a few minutes later the bait got blown up on but missed. Metered around for a bit and it seemed dead plus the weather was starting to come up so I decided I would make a move a little further SW but 7 miles in the ocean turned into a washing machine. So I turned back and went to where I started and set a drift. Nothing on the meter while driving around today but as soon as I started the drift wolf packs if what looked like 4-10 fish, mostly bigger grade would breeze by every 10-20 minutes at 80' to 100' but wouldnt touch the bait...probably a time of day thing. We had a second blow up at noon in a blank meter but always got eyes on the bait.. missed the bait again. Crap. Reset and more wolf packs and more nothing. Called it at 3pm, my bro had to get back..at least the run back was fast from that direction. Back to OC by 7. Not a bad Sunday funday. It's easy to clean up when you dont catch. LOL

Phat Boat

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Great report. Sounds like they are on the move towards Clemente

woodfish330

Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Don't worry brother. ....many great days ahead for you still this season. Your right...... always nice to get out...even when it's a little "sloppy". At least you got a couple of visual "blow outs"...lol. I was out front of my house all day yesterday.... and didn't see any. Nice post. Great report. Practice .....practice.... practice. Your times coming.

Be safe out there.

vipertom1970

Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
we metered a lot 10 miles south of Upper Hidden and land 4 on Friday 5/29/20. 45-100#

Reactions: Tunahead