Florida Skorext scammed me!!

Condition
New
Price
Free
Type
Want to buy
Views
Do not make any deals with skorext!! I posted an add wanting to buy a penn torque 40. Skorext agreed I pay half up front and half at receiving. I transferred him $250 then he said he shipped the reel. Immediately after I asked for tracking, he never replied. A couple days went by I asked again, no response. Another few days asked again, nothing. I’m nine days into this with no reel or response. Do not do business with this member.

Dramamine

Aug 25, 2021
California
Name
Jimmy
Boat
Jomoma
thanks for the heads up. We should hunt this scum bucket down.
Our last message minutes ago. Straight even told me he was….

D5A40933-FC69-48CB-82B2-40CA7A8523F9.png

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
The truth is that any account can be hacked and taken over by scammers. The best way to deal with scams is to only buy face to face or only use payment options where you can recover your money. I have been scammed many times on eBay with stolen accounts and have never lost a dime. Every single cent was returned back to the Paypal account or credit card. They can even generate temporary phone numbers with local area codes to make the scam look more realistic. If they refuse to meet in person, walk away and walk away fast.

You are dealing with professionals who does this for a living day in and day out.

Upvote 0

Dramamine

Aug 25, 2021
California
Name
Jimmy
Boat
Jomoma
I have a friend ,his name is bob , he mentioned he has that reel for sale .. pm me your bank account info and I'll put you in contact with him LOL...
lol honestly it is what it is. The guy was pretty convincing though and I’ve bought several items through people via Venmo/PayPal. This is the only issue I’ve ever had. What pathetic life to live honestly though? Just try to screw honest people out of money all the time.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
lol honestly it is what it is. The guy was pretty convincing though and I’ve bought several items through people via Venmo/PayPal. This is the only issue I’ve ever had. What pathetic life to live honestly though? Just try to screw honest people out of money all the time.

You have to understand their thinking. In their minds, they are robbing from rich white people in other countries. Its a victimless crime because they never see your face and you are part of the capitalists pigs that kept them in poverty. To them, its not really your money because you will either get reimbursed or can work to pay off the money. For them, its a lot of money that they can never make in their own country doing legal work.

This mentality is very rampant with the Nigerian and Indian scammers. Its not about honesty or integrity, its about getting the money so they can live well in their country. They sold their souls a very long time ago.

I always call the person instead of texting. If they have a thick accent, its a dead giveaway. If they refuse to talk in person, its for a good reason. With texting, they can hide their accent and the communication is not at a personal level. If they don't want to talk in person or meet in person, move on and move on fast. There is no such thing as a great deal unless the item is stolen, the person is a good friend, stupid, desperate or dead and its a probate sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: kimbo
Upvote 0

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
Name
tony
Boat
none yet
that is why I only do face to face to deals, its sad that has come to that, but most of us work hard to earn our pennies, for a low life to do this crap

Last edited:
Upvote 0

flytie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 20, 2012
Orange, CA USA
Name
GC
Boat
Out of Office - Custom Invader CC
Another solid tip is don't buy from anyone that doesn't contribute to the site. If they contribute fishing reports and general BS'ery around here, they are probably local and real.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Fortunately for me, I’ve never been screwed here buying or selling. I think guys take a look at my profile, posting history etc. You can easily see if a guy has been legit in the past. Like me, I’m older than dirt!

Upvote 0

Cnyncrvr

Sep 7, 2020
Glendale, CA
Name
Justin
Boat
Four Winns Freedom 170
Ill share a tip that has saved my ass several times over the years when it comes to avoiding getting scammed when purchasing items. Its not 100% but it does work.

First part is to only buy from a person who posts an image of the actual item, not a factory stock photo but of the item in their possession. Download the image and use google photos to see if that image has been posted previously to this forum, eBay, another fishing related forum, Offerup, or even Craigslist.

Often times scammer do a good search for pictures to post with their scam adds. Most people who want to sell something will post the item for sale on multiple venues at the same time or within one or two days from each other. If you find that the image was posted three years ago on some place and now suddenly that exact same image is being used to place an add its almost certainly a scam.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
Always check the member's profile when you are looking at an ad in the classifieds. If the guy has only been a member for a few days and only has a couple of posts and they are all in the classifieds for big ticket items then run like hell. I won't even deal with a person unless they have been a member for at least a year and they have 50 or 100 posts. Also the guys are never from Los Angeles or San Diego where someone can meet them face to face. They are always from some out of the way place like Kansas where no one can meet them and everything has to be shipped.
The scammers have discovered that websites like BD are a good place to operate because it is a relatively small group of like minded people who trust one another. Don't fall for their BS scams. If you don't recognize the member's name and he doesn't have a long history of posts then don't trust them until you can prove 100% that they are legit. The days of trusting someone just because they are a member of BD are long over.

Upvote 0

Information

Condition
New
Price
Free
Type
Want to buy
Views

More listings by Dramamine

Latest posts