Condition
Used
Price
$4,500.00
Type
Want to sell
Last edited
Views
1981 SkipJack Open 20 Fisherman. Volvo 305 and Volvo 280 out drive. Aluminum tower, anchor windlass, anchor and rode. Standard Horizon CP300 GPS Chart with GPS antenna and 525 Black Box Fish finder module. Standard Horizon marine radio. Airmar B60-20, 50/200khz tilted element transducer.
Floscan Fuel Flow meter, Bennet trim tabs, Guest Charge Pro 2611 dual bank battery charger, transom mounted removable bait bag. Risers, manifolds, carburetor and fuel pump as well as most all coolant hoses replaced around 2015. Boat has not been started since 2015 but always ran well. That is when I found out I had a loose forward starboard side motor mount due to stringer rot. Boat has been sitting covered with tarps since 2015. I hooked up a battery to the boat and I could hear the out drive tilt motor operating but the out drive will not raise. I can lift and tie the outdrive in the raised position to create ground clearance for road travel.
2001 Pacific Galvanized Trailer. G21TW4-6. Dual axle disk brakes on one axle. Mounted spare tire. I ordered this trailer from the factory and set up for this boat. Trailer has in my estimation under 1K miles on it and is in exceptional condition for its age. There is minimal surface rust. See pics. I will meet a serious cash buyer half way for delivery anywhere in CA. Boat is located in San Jose.

BTL

Jun 25, 2017
West coast
Name
Tom Oldread
Boat Name
SkipJack
I do not remember the name of the company. I called a well known Southern California builder years ago regarding it and sent them photos. They said it appeared to be one that they built. The cover was in tatters and I asked for an estimate to recover it. They gave me an estimate of almost $1k for a new cover. I had it recovered by a local shop instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

K-Dogg

Almost A Member
Jun 11, 2017
Oregon
Name
Ken
Boat Name
1970 Skipjack 20 Open Cruiser
Sweet project boat and great price... The hard-top and trailer is worth more than $4,500.

Reactions: BTL
Upvote 0

BTL

Jun 25, 2017
West coast
Name
Tom Oldread
Boat Name
SkipJack
It sold within an hour of my posting it on Craigslist. As a matter of fact I had 3 cash buyers. The first buyer paid my asking price and picked it up the next morning. He told me the tower was what he wanted and would have paid as much to have one built. I guess he received the boat, trailer and all of the extras I threw in for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: coastalpirates
Upvote 0

Information

Condition
Used
Price
$4,500.00
Type
Want to sell
Last edited
Views