Condition
For parts or not working
Price
Free
Type
Want to sell
Last edited
Views
Leftover pieces from my replacement. Use to check fit, replace a bad section, or whatever. Going in the trash next friday.

Taco Marine #v12-4144 (1-3/8"X1/2")

IMG_8612[1].JPGIMG_8613[1].JPG

fishgrappler

Jul 4, 2015
Name
Bru
Boat
Skipjack 24 Open
Not sure. I'll get the cost at the post office later this week. I can stuff it all into a flat rate priority envelope, or cut a small piece and send by weight in a regular envelope. I have no idea which will be cheaper, but let me know if you have a preference.

Reactions: pete j
Upvote 0

pete j

Mar 17, 2012
lompoc ca usa
Name
pete
Boat
Slayliner
Probably the 8 foot piece would be best the rope thats on it now is a little short and it drives me nuts. If price for shipping is way to high I could get away with short piece and that way I will know what to order. Thanks a lot and I am in no hurry wont start fishing till march anyway

Reactions: fishgrappler
Upvote 0

fishgrappler

Jul 4, 2015
Name
Bru
Boat
Skipjack 24 Open
I can fit both pieces into a priority mail envelope. It'll be about 9 bucks. PM your address when ever you're ready.

Upvote 0

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    How much of a pain in the ass was it to replace it? you need to soak it in hot water?

Upvote 0

fishgrappler

Jul 4, 2015
    Name
    Bru
    Boat
    Skipjack 24 Open
    I saw a video where they soaked it - I didn't do that, but it might make it easier.

I'd say it was a minor pain in the ass. Took me a few hours because I had to clean out bits and pieces of the old insert. Also wet sanded the rail. Rigid spatula to get it started, then pound with a mallet, all the way around.

IMG_8539[1].JPG

Reactions: Capt.C.Delany
    Upvote 0

Information

Condition
    For parts or not working
    Price
    Free
    Type
    Want to sell
    Last edited
    Views