Used
Price
$2,850.00
Type
Want to sell
Last edited
Views
1998 E300 Turbo Diesel 4 door.

Silver exterior, blue interior. Body is great shape. 283,000.

New battery, newer tires, starts & runs.

Currently non-op DMV status . Has sat garaged all its life and past 4 yrs no use.

My fathers car, he was 92 and not allowed to drive the past four years, but try taking his keys away…

Sold as is, where is… in Hacienda Heights..3566A192-39EB-439B-91B5-E846A2B4F79E.jpeg

S

RWP

Almost A Member
Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
That's a steal and a beautiful car. I would buy that in a second if it wasn't on the other side of the country from me.

Reactions: Vigilant32
Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Going out on a limb here, buuuut….. sat garages all of it’s life may be greatly overstated…..

One thing cars guys looks for to prove the garaged or not is the thick yellow shading on the headlights… that does not happen in a garage… From the one photo and angle those headlights look pretty yellow, suggesting some outside life…

I have a 300D with 178k on it… cool cars, get good fuel economy, not a race car, but nice riding…

Why does it fail Ca emissions?

Reactions: Drowningman

RWP

Almost A Member
    Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    Pretty sure the 283,000 miles didn't happen in the garage either, unless he has a really large treadmill. Yellowing of the lights can happen while driving.

Reactions: Drowningman
    Upvote 0

Drowningman

This guys an asshole
  • Oct 25, 2020
    Temecula
    Name
    D Michael
    Boat
    A Tiny One
    That's a steal and a beautiful car. I would buy that in a second if it wasn't on the other side of the country from me.
    yeah definitely not, bluebook and every other car forum about this says it is far above a fair deal price wise/. notice how all he said is no accidents ? these cars need to be drove frequently and for long distances to keep them in tip top shape. they also need meticulous upkeep . youll spend the cost of this vehicle annually in maintenance costs most likely . not too mention unforeseen transmission issues at this point are almost guaranteed to arise ( could be cause for selling )
    the 4 years this sat not being driven are super likely to have caused this car some issues.

Drowningman

This guys an asshole
  • Oct 25, 2020
    Temecula
    Name
    D Michael
    Boat
    A Tiny One
    Going out on a limb here, buuuut….. sat garages all of it’s life may be greatly overstated…..

One thing cars guys looks for to prove the garaged or not is the thick yellow shading on the headlights… that does not happen in a garage… From the one photo and angle those headlights look pretty yellow, suggesting some outside life…

I have a 300D with 178k on it… cool cars, get good fuel economy, not a race car, but nice riding…

not to mention dude posts one photo lol

Reactions: G-Spot

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Pretty sure the 283,000 miles didn't happen in the garage either, unless he has a really large treadmill. Yellowing of the lights can happen while driving.
    Not really…. The majority of the time even with 283k they sit… sitting is where they yellow… those headlights are not a car that was kept in the garage for it’s life… period…. Unless the one photo and bad angle are deceiving….

The car price isn’t bad, but it is non op in Ca, so it means airlines and/or transport costs added to the price of a 283k mile old car… These need constant valve adjustments, and other maintenance….

It’s got potential, but don’t bullshit us about the “garage kept”…

Upvote 0

RWP

Almost A Member
    Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    Not really…. The majority of the time even with 283k they sit… sitting is where they yellow… those headlights are not a car that was kept in the garage for it’s life… period…. Unless the one photo and bad angle are deceiving….

The car price isn’t bad, but it is non op in Ca, so it means airlines and/or transport costs added to the price of a 283k mile old car… These need constant valve adjustments, and other maintenance….

It’s got potential, but don’t bullshit us about the “garage kept”…
    So the sun doesn't degrade the headlights while the car is moving outside, but will when it's parked outside?

I'll keep this in mind, as long as I'm walking I won't get a sunburn.

Why post just to shit on someone's ad?

Reactions: gecsr1 and plj46
    Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    So the sun doesn't degrade the headlights while the car is moving outside, but will when it's parked outside?

I'll keep this in mind, as long as I'm walking I won't get a sunburn.

Why post just to shit on someone's ad?
    Duh! Don’t be a dumb ass… I posted both positive and negative… I was very complimentary about the car but called bullshit on the “garaged”.

clearly sun degrades, but the bulk of degradation is setting in the sun.. many garaged cars with 283k would still have very clear lights… You obviously don’t know shit or your his buddy… 🖕

Drowningman

This guys an asshole
  • Oct 25, 2020
    Temecula
    Name
    D Michael
    Boat
    A Tiny One
    Duh! Don’t be a dumb ass… I posted both positive and negative… I was very complimentary about the car but called bullshit on the “garaged”.

clearly sun degrades, but the bulk of degradation is setting in the sun.. many garaged cars with 283k would still have very clear lights… You obviously don’t know shit or your his buddy… 🖕
    i mean dude has downvoted almost every post in this thread like a bitch so idk, might just be a hater or something i doubt its his buddy lmao

Reactions: G-Spot

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat

Meant as “ always garaged when not used “..

At 88 my dad fell & hit his head, DMV takes your license away when shit like that happens, until you can prove otherwise. It was time for him to stop driving anyway.

He passed last week at 92, hence the car has been sitting non op since his fall.

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    This has to be the best "shit on a for sale" post i've ever seen.

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Meant as “ always garaged when not used “..

At 88 my dad fell & hit his head, DMV takes your license away when shit like that happens, until you can prove otherwise. It was time for him to stop driving anyway.

He passed last week at 92, hence the car has been sitting non op since his fall.
    Truly… Sorry for your loss! So can it be licensed in Ca? Trying to help not hurt… If non op is because Of Ca emissions that’s one thing… if Non op means a Californian can buy and prove it’s a safe driver… Viola!

Opens the local market for you… great cars!

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    This has to be the best "shit on a for sale" post i've ever seen.
    You’re a dumb ass with no life but to make stupid posts like this… truly you added value! 🖕

Drowningman

This guys an asshole
  • Oct 25, 2020
    Temecula
    Name
    D Michael
    Boat
    A Tiny One
    You’re a dumb ass with no life but to make stupid posts like this… truly you added value!
    nah dudes a bd OG lol , hes right though, this post got dragged thru the fucking mud and youre bi polar or something man cause youve been just as negative hahaha . at least own that shit and dont backpedal when you hear a sob story.

Reactions: plj46 and RWP

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Yellowed headlights on a 23 year old car are an issue ? Jesus.
    Jesus you’re an idiot and incapable of reading a complex thought…. Yellow headlights on a 23 year old car that is “always garage kept”

23 year old garage kept car will not be that yellow… it has spent some time setting outside, setting in a parking lot, or something out in the sun…

RWP

Almost A Member
    Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    Jesus you’re an idiot and incapable of reading a complex thought…. Yellow headlights on a 23 year old car that is “always garage kept”

23 year old garage kept car will not be that yellow… it has spent some time setting outside, setting in a parking lot, or something out in the sun…
    We're all capable of reading. You're just wrong.

Reactions: plj46
    Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    it has spent some time setting outside, setting in a parking lot, or something out in the sun…
    Thanks captain obvious.With 283,000 miles on it who would of thunk it spent some time outside ? Are you still butt hurt about that Coast guard thread i commented in ? Get somebody to touch your G spot,you need it.

• Haha
    Reactions: RWP
    Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
    Nov 9, 2004
    Name
    G
    Boat
    Suddenly BD is the new Craigslist ?

I’m a liar, thief and a used car salesman..

Reactions: plj46
    Upvote 0

Aku

Basstronaut
    Mar 27, 2005
    Lakeside
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Skipjack 263
    Great car, wish I had the room. I had a Mercedes 190D (4cylinder with about 70hp) for many years. Great cars, always reliable, but can be expensive if you need a Mercedes part.

Upvote 0

Information

Condition
    Used
    Price
    $2,850.00
    Type
    Want to sell
    Last edited
    Views

More listings by Vigilant32

Latest posts