Gulf of Mexico Kencor blank

Condition
Seller refurbished
Price
$1.00
Type
Want to trade
Views
Anybody have any info on this blank? It’s 6’3 and only marking it has on it says 700 by the butt section of the rod. Appears to be around a 20lb class blank. Anybody happen to know the value on it? Thanks guys

nefarious235

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
This is as close as I could get quickly.

Screenshot_20210530-203836.png

Reactions: Jacobbs
Upvote 0

Jacobbs

Almost A Member
Mar 5, 2018
Texas
Name
Jay
Boat
Jay
thanks for the info. Are these root beer color blanks not as common with kencors? I’m not really familiar with these blanks.
This is as close as I could get quickly.

View attachment 1284878

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
If it is a 700 it should be 7'. If it is only 6'3" then it probably has 9" broken or cut from the tip end. There is some demand for the panga rods and light freshwater rods with the yellow and blue wraps and some demand for the brown magnaglas saltwater rods but the demand for a 20lb blank that is missing 9" from the tip is going to minimal.

Upvote 0

mike mitchell

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 25, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Mitchell
Boat
20 Bertram
If it is a 700 it should be 7'. If it is only 6'3" then it probably has 9" broken or cut from the tip end. There is some demand for the panga rods and light freshwater rods with the yellow and blue wraps and some demand for the brown magnaglas saltwater rods but the demand for a 20lb blank that is missing 9" from the tip is going to minimal.
I must disagree. I have some factory 700 series rods that are not 7'.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I was just looking at the list of rods in post #2. Every 700 rod listed shows it is a 7' rod. The photo of the tip in the original post sure looks like it has been broken.

Upvote 0

Jacobbs

Almost A Member
Mar 5, 2018
Texas
Name
Jay
Boat
Jay
I agree I had a feeling it was supposed to be a 7’ rod but wasn’t to sure, but based on those specs provided above I would agree if probably was 7 ft. As far as the tip it looks like it has been cut. You don’t really come across kencors to often in Texas is the reason why I was asking for more info on it. Thanks for the knowledge guys I really do appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Information

Condition
Seller refurbished
Price
$1.00
Type
Want to trade
Views
City & State