Southern California Free boat!

Condition
Used
Price
Free
Type
Want to sell
Views
I’ve tried selling this thing a couple times but I don’t have time to mess with it and just want it out of my yard.

It could be fixed up and be a fun boat for local and offshore fishing.
engine is a Mercruiser 233 (Ford 351w) and trailer is in excellent shape for its age. Never seen saltwater, and ran when I got it seven years ago.
E501F312-D45A-4434-A162-819246E99A93.jpeg

steadylads

Jul 19, 2021
Los Angeles
Name
Jay
Boat
wish list
Thanks for offering, I'm interested. How many hours of labor do you think it needs to be water ready and are the trailer tires in decent shape for the highway? You can PM me anything that needs to be there.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Thanks for offering, I'm interested. How many hours of labor do you think it needs to be water ready and are the trailer tires in decent shape for the highway? You can PM me anything that needs to be there.
Hours of labor is really an unknown. The engine needed a fuel pump when I brought it home, but that was a while ago. I’m certain the carburetor will need to be rebuilt and a good tune up at a minimum. The outdrive will also need to be serviced and bellows replaced.

Your level of water ready may differ from others as well. There’s no bait tank or plumbing for one, so if that’s something you want, you’ll have to add that. The entire interior has been gutted out, but my plan was to take the cabin off and convert it to a center console. All the exterior wood is rotted, but I kept it all for templates.
This is a good DIY project as a shop would charge 10x what the boat is worth to bring it up to par.
The tires were new when I got it, and still look good but they are old enough now that I wouldn’t trust them to go too far.

Last edited:
Reactions: sealskinner

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Anyone?? It doesn’t cost you anything to make it yours.

The sawzall is getting restless

Upvote 0

Information

Condition
Used
Price
Free
Type
Want to sell
Views