ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
Omg...😍😍😍. I just bought a 30t last week. I think I need another one...

Don't do it man... You will regret it when you realized that you have more than you need. I have many more including two speeds not shown on this picture.

Its an incurable sickness. Just don't do it. You will need to go through rehab.

1658881535367.png

Reactions: Shogunsc44
Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
The only bad thing about the Saltiga is the stock dartanium drags are awful once it has been through a few fish. The get sticky and its a mess. All my reels has been converted to the carbontex drags and its much better and smoother.

I didn't mean to threadjack your post eli672. I love these reels and they are beasts that last a lifetime.

Upvote 0

eli672

Aug 4, 2006
South Central LA
Name
Ruben
Boat Name
The only bad thing about the Saltiga is the stock dartanium drags are awful once it has been through a few fish. The get sticky and its a mess. All my reels has been converted to the carbontex drags and its much better and smoother.

I didn't mean to threadjack your post eli672. I love these reels and they are beasts that last a lifetime.
All good bro... I love the honest opinion.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III

You’re a funny guy. Dartanium is the drag material used in the original Trinidads, not Saltigas.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
You’re a funny guy. Dartanium is the drag material used in the original Trinidads, not Saltigas.

Dartanium is more of a common name for compressed carbon powder that was used to form a disc. Some vendors may have used that name as their "proprietary" name, but the reality is that its the same material. Daiwa may have called their drags UTD, but it still sucks compared to carbontex.

I replaced enough Saltiga drags to know its the same exact material. I generically refer it to that name because it sounds better than UTD, whatever that means.

1658894545771.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
All I remember is calling it DarDamnTanium! No, I remember the crappy drag plates in the Trinidads and Toriums. Those didn’t work.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
Both the Gen 1 Saltiga's and Trinidad's use the same drag material. They are great when new and gets sticky fairly quickly
Yes, I recall working on one on the way south on an October 10 day. I took it apart to replace the drag washers with Carbontex and and the drag plate with one of the aftermarket machined plates from Cal. It was a real mess!

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
All I remember is calling it DarDamnTanium! No, I remember the crappy drag plates in the Trinidads and Toriums. Those didn’t work.

They are not too bad if you service your reel often. The graphite powder comes off and mixes with the drag grease and that is when it gums up. I got a couple of good deals on Saltigas because the drags were sticky. All I had to do was open it, clean the old grease and regrease it. After a couple of hard fights, you need to do it again.

The carbontex drags completely eliminate the problem with the graphite powder. I updated so many reels that I just buy sheets of raw carbontex and cut the size that I need.

• Wow
Reactions: MikeKilo and eli672
Upvote 0

Information

Condition
Used
Price
$2.00
Type
Want to sell
Last edited
Views