To The Good Life

Southern California BEWARE: This scammer selling many items on BD (updated)

Condition
Used
Price
Free
Type
Want to sell
Last edited
Views
Hello BD community,
I just got scammed by this guy and wanted to warn our community about him. He contacted me by my "Want to Buy:" listing for Accurate lefty reels. He texted me pictures of 4 Accurate reels and wanted me to send him money through Zelle. I asked for his BD handle and he said "Composite". I checked out his profile on BD and he registered in 2015 with 360 messages. Based on his solid BD profile, I sent him the money (see photos). There is a photo of him. It's been over a week and he hasn't sent the tracking number as he said. I have texted him many times until he finally admitted that he is sorry to take my money. His phone number is 929-483-0928 and said he's in NY. The email linked to his Zelle account is [email protected]. That account belongs to a name of Cheryl Lyn Mulato (probably his wife). I've purchased and sold items on BD before and this is the first time I got scammed. Seems like more scammers are using this community. Please learn from my lesson and be extra CAREFUL when sending money nowadays.

Update: he was caught trying to sell more items on BD. See the reply from Reef below. Using the same Zelle account and BD name but different phone number 662-912-6317. Watch out guys!!!
Reactions: jonrx7

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
1) Never send money by any method where you can't get it back. Zelle, Paypal friends/family, Western Union, prepaid cards, or bitcoin.

2) Never send money to anyone who looks like a meth or crack addict. (That eliminates half the members in BD Outdoors).

3) Never send money to anyone who looks like an alcoholic (That eliminates the other half of the members in BD Outdoors).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

madmanmarz

Jul 18, 2016
Fl
Name
Mars
Boat
Upvote 0

geebee

My Member is Well-Known
  • Nov 12, 2016
    San Diego
    Name
    Gee Bee
    Boat
    Partial to AZTEC - aspiring to INTREPID
    1) Never send money by any method where you can't get it back… Paypal friends/family…
    Yes, however, PayPal does have protected transaction methods for both seller and buyer

seller needs to send buyer an invoice off paypal-com with terms and conditions that actually form a contract is one way with particular attention to delivery terms and accurate description…

seller has to be able to prove the goods were delivered - and buyer needs an accurate description to prove what they are buying

Last edited:
    Reactions: jonrx7
    S
    ShadowX
    Not if you use Paypal friends and family to send money. Its a one way ticket with no way back.
    Reactions: geebee
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    Yikes that sucks man.. Sorry to hear you got burned. I hate crooks.

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
    Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego North County
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Chelsea Rae
    1) Never send money by any method where you can't get it back. Zelle, Paypal friends/family, Western Union, prepaid cards, or bitcoin.

2) Never send money to anyone who looks like a meth or crack addict. (That eliminates half the members in BD Outdoors).

3) Never send money to anyone who looks like an alcoholic (That eliminates the other half of the members in BD Outdoors).
    So which half do you fall under ?

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
  • Mar 2, 2010
    SoCal
    Name
    Rocket Dog
    Boat
    passenger again
    Unless, I have to, I will use normal PayPal NOT F&F and will add a little more to the final price to cover the cost of protection.

Also, I rather use face to face.

Upvote 0

nu2reels

edited so you don't read the defaulted stuff, lol
  • Nov 26, 2008
    Los Angeles- South Central
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    None
    Not that it matters now, but did you DM him here to confirm that was him? His user name?

anyways, sucks. Wouldn’t hurt to try that FB route as mentioned above

Upvote 0

JJC1

Apr 24, 2018
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    JJC
    Boat
    Islander

Hilarious...LMAO

Upvote 0

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
    Apr 7, 2004
    San Diego North County
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    Chelsea Rae
    I guess it really comes down to who you are dealing with....I've been here since 2004 and have sold a ton of stuff and have always stood by anything I sell and if it's not right then I refund the complete total to the buyer......my name and integrity mean a hell of a lot more to me than any rod or reel and anybody that knows me also knows that.....I'll be selling a ton of stuff shortly and please feel free to vet me and just know you're dealing with somebody that doesn't fall into either half as described above
    Y'all have a great day :)

Upvote 0

NorCal wanderer

Almost A Member
    Dec 30, 2019
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Name
    Tom McCormick
    Boat
    Rosalind Pearl
    I guess it really comes down to who you are dealing with....I've been here since 2004 and have sold a ton of stuff and have always stood by anything I sell and if it's not right then I refund the complete total to the buyer......my name and integrity mean a hell of a lot more to me than any rod or reel and anybody that knows me also knows that.....I'll be selling a ton of stuff shortly and please feel free to vet me and just know you're dealing with somebody that doesn't fall into either half as described above
    Y'all have a great day :)
    I can attest to Jim's integrity.... I have purchased several reels from him and all were better than described!!

Upvote 0

reef

Loren’s Marine Services and Surveying
    Apr 4, 2006
    Dana Point
    Name
    Loren
    Boat
    Yours
    Same guy is trying to sell me a offshore bait tank. He says he will ship from Mississippi once I Zelle him the money. 662-912-6317 is the number he is using now. Same BD user name and Zelle account. Got that gut feeling he was a cocksucker trying to scam money

Reactions: To The Good Life
    Upvote 0

LeoNYC

Almost A Member
    May 27, 2015
    Name
    Lenny
    Boat
    In the market
    This cock sucker just tried to get me tonight but I was born at night,,, not last night. Beware folks.

C1B1EBE6-7726-41DD-A31B-AA9B85D9956C.png

C0B1720D-EDC0-4A7F-B7B8-112EB2EC25FB.png

55AEC3B4-3094-4949-8C31-EC1CF6417A07.png

46DF9D6D-CBEC-44AD-A242-6F57AD0D0FA9.png

Upvote 0

Information

Condition
    Used
    Price
    Free
    Type
    Want to sell