The annual No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout at Casa Vieja Lodge was full of non-stop fun, excellent camaraderie, outfit changes galore, and fantastic fishing!
“We thought everything was going as planned with the ladies aboard the Finest Kind leading the pack daily and on the last day, they brought home 14 Sailfish and 1 Blue Marlin on 30lb. However, Capt Terry at the helm of the Rum Line put all his cards on red, ran 41 miles out, and found the roses. Fishing fly and conventional they had 74 raises, 66 bites, 50 releases, and secured First Place! Today alone the boats totaled 117/161 Sailfish and 2 Blue Marlin releases,” said CVL.
Over 3 days of fishing on 7 boats a total of 232/352 sailfish, 5/7 blue marlin releases, 8 dorado, and 134 SANCOCHOS!!
Team Release graciously matched the $2,780, and many other anglers as well as those in the social media world helped sweeten the pot for a grand total of $11,160 which will go towards groceries for staff and crews of participating teams!
Thank you all for joining us and making the 2020 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout Join us next year Nov 4-6 , 2021! Below are the final standings
- Rum Line– Capt. Terry Brennan (750pts)
- Finest Kind– Capt. Nicho Alvarenga (460pts)
- Release–Capt. Eddie (400pts)
- Makaira– Capt. Jason Brice (370pts)
- Sails Call– Capt. Chris Stars (230pts)
- Pez Raton– Capt. Benji Baires (210pts)
- Spindrift– Capt. Efrain Rizzo (190pts)
- Top Lady Angler: Kathy Guillen
- Top angler: Capt Ridge Murphy
- Largest Dorado: Sean Brighton 56”
- Sancocho King: Capt Ridge Murphy (18)
Check out the Casa Vieja Lodge website to learn more or book your dream fishing vacation!