During the holiday season you are always on the hunt for deals. Look no further than the Costa Holiday Catch Sweepstakes where you can enter to win one of two fishing trips. Adventure one, a trip to Casa Vieja Lodge or Adventure 2, the Florida Keys.
Two lucky anglers will be guided by Costa Pro Captains and spend a day reeling in billfish, and a day helping coastal areas in need. Both rewarding opportunities in much needed regions.
After you register for the sweepstakes, give the gift of Costa sunglasses to a loved one to help them spot billfish quicker than the CVL crew!
To learn more about Costa del Mar Sunglasses and the #onecoast movement visit CLICK HERE.
A handful of clients have been trying to squeeze into the January time frame. Below is what has become available. As a reminder the December-March time frame sells out well in advance, please if you haven’t done so already secure your 2019 winter dates!
- December 27-January 11: 35’ Contender available
- January 1-2-3: Release available
- January 4-5-6: Spindrift available
If you are flexible we have a rare, special opportunity available for multiple boats fishing January 26-27-28. Please call 1-800-882-4665 and speak with Kirsten Thomas for details.
Looking for holiday presents? We make custom gift certificates for that special angler in your life. You simply give us the details!
December has been pleasant and tropical in Guatemala with an average high of 87 degrees. As usual, the seas have been calm and our fleet is geared up for another spectacular season. Our anglers have had the pleasure of feasting on fresh Mahi-mahi sandwiches on-board daily. Since the start of the month, our fleet has caught 70 mahi-mahi and marlin have been in the spread every day!
Below are some fishing highlights and you can always see the daily fishing report HERE.
- November 27th-December 6th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 120 raises, 94 bites, and 58 sailfish releases. They also had 6 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, 1 tuna, and 10 mahi-mahi.
- November 28th-December 6th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 120 raises, 96 bites, and 68 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 22 mahi-mahi, and 12 tuna!
- November 28th-December 6th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 63 raises, 58 bites, and 36 sailfish releases. They also had 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 7 mahi-mahi.
- November 29th-December 4th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Efron Rizzo, had 72 raises, 62 bites, and 40 sailfish releases. They also had 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 12 mahi-mahi!
- November 29th-December 6th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with substitute Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 98 raises, 60 bites, 35 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, AND 21 mahi-mahi.
- Fishing December 1st, 2nd, & 6th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 24 raises, 13 bites, and 12 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases (1 Striped Marlin), and 8 mahi-mahi!