The Billfish series represents Viking’s expansion to include more owner-operator models that are smaller, easier to handle, and easier to afford than their larger yachts. The 46BF is the largest in this line-up, and features a unique semi-enclosed-saloon design that keeps the cockpit connected with the upper cabin area.
Critical Fishing Features
- Six flush mount gunwale rod holders
- Six bridge wing flush mount rod holders
- Five bridge deck rocket launchers
- Twin in-deck fish boxes w/pump-outs
- Transom live well
- Cockpit bait freezer
- Laminated in-deck fighting chair or battle station backing plate
- Refrigerated cockpit drink box
- Fresh and raw water wash-downs
- Saloon deck under-seat rod stowage
- 140 square feet of cockpit space provides more angling room than expected for the LOA.
- The semi-enclosed saloon deck, completely separated from the lower cabin, provides a place that anglers can go for an air-conditioned respite from the action without worrying about besmirching the boat’s interior. Since the entire area is hose-able, tracking in blood or fish gore isn’t a problem.
- Slow-speed and reverse maneuverability is excellent, and backing on hot billfish at speeds up to eight or nine knots will be a piece of cake.
See the Viking 46BF on video.