Scout Boats has always been known for making innovations, and many are evident on their flagship 530 LXF, a boat with a completely epoxy-infused hull. With a set of articulating rocket launchers, this is one center console that offers both hard top rocket launchers and an extending sunshade, without the possibility of crunching rods. It’s also the only boat around with swing-down hydraulic gunwale platforms on both sides.
Critical Fishing Features
- 10 flush mount gunwale rod holders and seven transom flush mount holders
- Eight hard top rocket launchers
- Twin 30-gallon transom live wells
- Twin in-deck integrated fish boxes w/pump-outs
- Rigging station w/sink, cooler, and cutting board
- Locking in-deck rod stowage boxes
- Cockpit electric reel outlets
- Coaming bolsters
- Fresh and raw water wash-downs
- Seakeeper 6 gyroscopic stabilizer
- Under-berth cabin rod stowage
- As one of the largest center console cabin boats around, the Scout provides an ample 105 square feet of cockpit fishing space. Lower the hydraulic gunwales, and that’s extended to 150 square feet.
- The optional upper helm station (which we’d consider a must-have for serious sport fishers) is extensive and includes full controls, seating for four, a buggy top, and additional rocket launchers, essentially turning this boat into an outboard-powered convertible.
- While the bow is set up more for entertaining than fishing, the two cocktail tables can be lowered to deck level to accommodate casting from up front.
See the Scout 530 LXF on video.