Regulator may have made its mark building dedicated offshore boats, but their 26XO crossover bay boat proved that this company could walk and chew gum at the same time. The 24XO soon followed, providing a slightly smaller, easier to own shoal-water fishing machine with oceanic capabilities.
Critical Fishing Features
- Four flush-mount stainless-steel gunwale rod holders
- T-Top w/ spreader lights
- 25.5-gallon aft deck live well
- 51-quart cooler
- Garmin 12” GPSMAP 1242 XSV w/Airmar B150 CHIRP transducer
- Coaming bolsters
- Under-gunwale rod racks
- Leaning post w/tackle stowage and four rocket launchers
- 47.5-gallon forward fish box/rod stowage lockers
- 47-gallon in-deck fish box
- Raw water wash-down
- True to its crossover inshore/offshore nature, the raised bow-casting platform is lower than one would find on the average bay boat. When the seas kick up, this means a more stable footing while still gaining a bit of elevation.
- Forward seating backrests flip up and/or fold flush, rather than being removable. This eliminates the problem of finding a place to stow them when fishing.
- Regulators are known for seriously heavy-duty construction, and this is certainly a trait of the 24XO. That means it can be run offshore with confidence, despite its relatively small size and inshore/offshore hybrid design.
Bay boats may be a relatively new style for this builder, but the 24XO is Regulator through and through. The dedicated fan base they’ve built through the years is sure to take note when looking for an inshore fishing machine.
See the Regulator 24XO on video.