The beauty of a Carolina Skiff 19 LS lays in its simplicity. It’s easy to operate, easy to tow, easy to clean up, and easy to afford. Plus, since these boats don’t have a bunch of complex systems and tech, there’s very little to break or fail and their reliability factor is as high as it gets for a fishing boat.
Critical Fishing Features
- Six flush-mount rod holders
- Stainless-steel cooler frame helm seat
- 70-quart marine cooler
- 18 gallon live well
- Trolling motor battery storage compartment
- 24-volt trolling motor plug and harness
- The 19 LS carries its beam all the way forward to the rounded bow, providing a much larger bow casting deck than most boats of this size. Considered along with the aft casting platform, this boat has a more elevated casting area than most in its class.
- V-shape in the bow helps this model ride better than the flat-bow skiffs of yesteryear, but a fast taper to a flatter bottom moving aft maintains a spectacularly low seven-inch hull draft plus excellent stability.
If you eschew complexity and appreciate the simple and straightforward, the Carolina Skiff 19 LS will likely be a top contender.
See the 19 LS on video.