The not so distant cousin of chicken piccata, this lemony dish pairs well with a side of your favorite pasta. White wine, capers, butter, lemon… need I say more? Impress your guests with this easy but delicious recipe. Feel free to use any medium to firm white fish such as ono.
- Fish fillets sliced thinly 1 per serving
- Butter 4 Tbsp. (unsalted)
- Olive oil 1 Tsp.
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice ½ cup
- Lemon slices (for garnish)
- A Dry White wine 1 cup
- Capers 3 Tbsp. drained
- Cooked Spaghetti
- Dry your fish and lightly salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat your frying pan on medium heat. Meanwhile, lightly coat your fish in flour and then gently shake to remove the excess.
- Add butter and oil to the pan and then carefully lay fillets of fish in the pan turning over once to brown both sides lightly.
- Remove fish from pan and place on a plate.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and then add lemon juice and capers.
- Once the alcohol has been cooked away add fillets back to the pan to soak in the sauce.
- Sprinkle parsley over fish and garnish with lemon slices.
- Serve the fish with pasta.
*Optional* toss the cooked pasta in the pan with sauce before serving for extra flavor.