It’s summer and that means summer flavors. Did you know with this salmon recipe that you can poach a piece of salmon in under 10 minutes?
Who needs to spend all day cooking a salmon recipe in the kitchen when you can throw together an easy and colorful salad topped with delicious and juicy salmon. While you can always make your own raspberry vinaigrette from scratch, feel free to grab your favorite bottle of dressing from the store to save on time! Cash in on bonus points for only needing a cutting board and one pan for this recipe!
Easy Poached Salmon Recipe With Summer Watermelon Salad
Ingredients for this Salmon Recipe
- 1 Small salmon fillet (per serving)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup of water
- 1 Tsp. butter
- Lemon (optional)
- Saucepan large enough to hold salmon with a lid
- 1 Small seedless watermelon sliced
- A handful of strawberries halved
- 1 Orange segments (feel free to use canned mandarin oranges)
- 1 Bag prewashed arugula
- 1 Bag watercress (or any other favorite greens)
- Heart of palm (optional)
Vinaigrette (this can be store-bought)
- 1 ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Shallot (diced)
- 1 Tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp. honey
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Salmon Recipe Directions
- If you are making the dressing from scratch do this first. Add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth. Put in container and set aside in the fridge.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and add water and wine. Bring to boil.
- Season your salmon on both sides with salt and pepper before gently placing into boiling mixture in pan.
- Add butter on top of salmon and then cover with the lid and reduce heat to simmer. Check on salmon in 4-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon.
- Once salmon is cooked (you should be able to tell by the firmness) remove from the mixture and give a light squeeze of lemon on top.
- Put together your salad by adding washed greens followed by the fruit and heart of palm.
- Add your salmon and serve with the raspberry vinaigrette.