- It costs just $50 a person to enter. Yet, there is a guaranteed first place payout of $2,000. Second place pays $300, third $200, plus prizes.
- This one is BIG! If you are fishing on a Yamaha powered boat, the entry is free for up to two anglers on the team. Any additional team members pay the usual $50.
- There is no limit on the number of anglers on a boat, but all people on the boat must enter at $50, even if it is a chartered boat. Last year three charter boats competed.
- Team can check in at Dana Landing in Mission Bay, or Shelter Island in San Diego Bay at the launch ramp the night before so they don’t have to backtrack to Mission Bay,” said director Pat McDonell, but he added, “The window to check-in at Shelter Island basin is much shorter than Mission Bay, 8-9 p.m. on Friday and 5 to 6 a.m. on Saturday. “Of course, the weigh-in and awards are both at Dana Landing Fuel Dock and Market. “By far it’s the best one-stop trailer boat facility on the coast,” said McDonell. “Fuel, food, free launching and parking, next to a great Bayfront hotel. You just can’t beat it. Teams from S.D. Bay who weigh-in and stay for the awards will have dock room, first come-first served.”
- There are $100 tuna and $100 yellowtail optionals for biggest single fish. The weigh-in at Dana Landing in late afternoon is for yellowtail or tuna, in a three fish aggregate, so you can weigh all 3 tuna, all 3 yellows or a combination of two yellows and a tuna or two tuna and a yellowtail. He weigh-in will be up near the market, and we expect a fun crowd as the fish are brought up.”
- Prizes: The $50 entry fee includes a goodie bag of hooks, a Yamaha hat, a Dana Landing shirt, a BBQ dinner after weigh-in and a ticket for drawings for prizes that include 11 Avet reels, Seaguar flouro coils, four Cousins rods, six pairs of Costas, Terrafin memberships, Plano tackle boxes and Plano travel tubes, and more.
- Early Bird Prize: Teams that sign up a week before by Aug. 29 are eligible for the drawing for the $900 value Furuno 1870 video GPS/Fishfinder with C-Map card for the SoCal coast.
- Make it a long weekend for the family! The Dana Inn is the perfect place to take the family. Parking your rig is NOT an issue. The hotel shares parking with the free launch ramp, right there at tourney headquarters of Steve Pinard‘s Dana Landing Market and Fuel Dock. “Three of the teams last year stayed for two nights by the bay with their family, “ said McDonell, “So while the teams fished for yellows and tuna that Saturday, the rest of the family enjoyed a great weekend mini-vacation.”
Since the Mexican Government has not yet issued written confirmation regarding sport-caught bluefin tuna in Mexico- BLUEFIN TUNA WILL NOT BE COUNTED IN THE EVENT
See the entry form or get more details and sign up via credit card at WONEWS.COM by clicking on WON EVENTS. Call tourney director Pat McDonell for details at (949) 366-0030 ext. 33 or [email protected]