Daiwa Certate-HA spinning reels
Daiwa completely redesigned and updated its popular Certate line of spinning reels and relaunched the spinners as the new Cerate-HA. Anglers will find the smooth dependable reel they’ve come to rely on, but it’s now loaded up with cutting-edge technology for better performance.
As you probably know, salt water destroys just about everything it comes in contact with. And for spinning reels, the rotor bearing has always been a susceptible area for water intrusion. To combat this issue, Daiwa borrowed a trick from NASA’s fuel delivery technology and began using magnetic oil to protect the rotor bearing. One of a new generation of Nano Fluids, the magnetic oil can change its shape when a magnetic field is applied. Controlled by magnets in the reel’s rotor bearing area, it forms a seal to prevent salt water, dust and grit from intruding into the rotor bearing and body. This results in a water-tight seal or what Daiwa calls Mag Seal, with much lower friction than common rubber type seals.
Another key adaptation of technology is the new Air Rotor design featuring corrosion-proof “Zaion” carbon construction. The re-engineered design spreads stress more evenly throughout the rotor eliminating high-stress points while cutting out excess material not required for strength. The result is a strong, lightweight and corrosion-proof rotor. Because the lighter weight means less inertia, it responds faster to any change in line tension for unmatched sensitivity, and provides a smooth, fluid feel of precision.
The Certate comes in three sizes for fresh or inshore salt and each one is tough and ultra-smooth.
For more information, visit www.daiwa.com.
- Mag Sealed
- Air Rotor of corrosion-proof Zaion carbon material for lightweight strength, sensitivity and ultra-smooth, fluid feel.
- 8 CRBB corrosion resistant ball bearings plus roller bearing
- Air Bail — tubular stainless for lightweight strength, with no sharp bends to snag line
- Digigear digitally designed and cut gearing – – ultra smooth, ultra powerful and ultra durable
- High speed retrieve
- Lightweight aluminum body
- Waterproof drag combines stainless and Teflon-impregnated felt discs for ultra-smooth fish stopping power — with precision click adjustment
- Lightweight, forged and machined aluminum ABSII Spool