Furuno Connections Episode 11 -Marine Radar Systems Long Range Comparison
The marketing specs state that 3 of the 4 radar dome antennas Furuno tested can see 48 nautical miles, but how far can they really see in a typical installation on a 34′ – 36′ center console boat?
The overall distance is just the first test, perhaps more importantly, how far away can you see a moving target, say a 17-foot skiff?
This video is Part 3 of Furuno’s 2020 Marine Radar Testing.
“We show how other companies compare to our Furuno DRS4DNXT Solid-State Doppler Radar,” says Jeff Kauzlaric of Furuno. “Take a look at how all four radar’s stack up side by side with a true long-range radar detection test.”
New episodes will be released each week throughout the Spring and Summer of 2020. Catch up now and subscribe today at www.YouTube.com/FurunoVideo. You can also visit Furuno on the web at www.FurunoUSA.com.
Marine Electronic Systems
- Transducer: TM275LHW https://youtu.be/FVxGZKXWpwE
- Multi-Function Display: TZtouch3 https://youtu.be/KzZw6nJcmeI
- Sounder: Built in CHIRP Sonar –https://www.furunousa.com/en/products/tzt12f
- Radar: DRS4D-NXT https://youtu.be/OzZ8kqArt8Y
- DFF-3D Multi Beam Sonar: https://youtu.be/YBaP1ekUpWw