Marine Radar Systems Comparison Furuno Connections Episode 10.
Furuno has put together a tough test for these Solid-State Radar domes to see which have the best target separation.
The test is set up in a narrow channel and they run the 17-foot skiff 10 feet, 20 feet, and 30 feet from the mangroves to see which Radars can see it. Furuno’s TZtouch3, equipped with the DRS4DNXT Solid-State Radar does a pretty amazing job, but how about the competitors?
This is part 2 of Furuno’s Marine Radar Testing 2020. We show how other companies compare to our Furuno DRS4DNXT Solid-State Doppler Radar.
They finish the test with some bonus footage of the DRS25ANXT open array and show you just how the target separation and resolution improves when you move from a dome to an open array.
New episodes will be released each week throughout the Spring and Summer of 2020. Catch up now and subscribe today at www.YouTube.com/FurunoVideo. You can also visit Furuno on the web at www.FurunoUSA.com.
Marine Electronic Systems
- Transducer: TM275LHW https://youtu.be/FVxGZKXWpwE
- Multi-Function Display: TZtouch3 https://youtu.be/KzZw6nJcmeI
- Sounder: Built in CHIRP Sonar –https://www.furunousa.com/en/products/tzt12f
- Radar: DRS4D-NXT https://youtu.be/OzZ8kqArt8Y
- DFF-3D Multi Beam Sonar: https://youtu.be/YBaP1ekUpWw