We have a bad habit. Every year, Americans use millions of tons of plastic just once, before throwing it away – and far too much of it ends up in our oceans.
Together, we can change our ways and put plastic in its place.
Costa was #BornOnTheWater by a group of fishermen in 1983. Since then, we have supported causes that contribute to the preservation of our watery world. It’s part of our DNA.
Lately we’ve seen an increasing amount of plastic pollution on our adventures. Plastic is not only clogging our landfills but is finding its way into our waterways and oceans at an unprecedented rate. Kick Plastic was launched by Costa to help reduce the amount of plastic we use as a company and to mobilize a movement. You can help.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- The equivalent of a garbage truck of plastic is dumped into the ocean every minute.
- Almost all the plastic ever produced is still around.
- 98% of ocean pollution comes from land.
- By 2050 there could be more plastic than fish in the ocean (by weight).
- One in four fish tested have plastic in them.
Hit up the Costa website to learn how you can help Kick Plastic usage and litter.