Your Help and Attention Needed Right Away

Discussion in 'Baja Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by PescadorJim, Jun 15, 2011.

Share This Page

1. PescadorJim

I know that everyone complains about how the fishing is not as good as it used to be but now you have a chance to have your voice heard about this very important issue. There have been meetings this summer that are geared toward opening up the Dorado fishery to commercial fishing which would spell the death of sport fishing for Dorado as we know it. Please take the time to respond to this survey and get your information heard.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 506.25pt; HEIGHT: 168.75pt" id=_x0000_i1025 type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="banner1+copy" src="file:///C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>THE FUTURE STARTS HERE WITH YOUR HELP<o:p></o:p>
    It only takes eight minutes to assistance in our efforts to better understand and preserve Mexico’s sportfishing heritage by participating in this survey. It is part of a larger environmental research project being conducted by the Marine Science Center at the National Polytechnic Institute (Fisheries Department at CICIMAR) regarding the use, management and conservation of Mexico’s natural resources. This survey is funded through the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) and the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) of Mexico for environmental research. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    A host of sportfishing and tourist organizations as well as other entities concerned about the future of sportfishing in Mexico support the efforts of this survey including a majority of the sportfishing fleets on both the mainland and throughout Baja, major tournaments, many of the resorts and the Mexican Sportfishing Association. The scientific data collected from this survey will help to generate the necessary information needed to address “best use” practices, management, and conservation of Mexico’s natural resources. <o:p></o:p>
    Follow the link to the survey here: http://economicstudysurvey.questionpro.com/<o:p></o:p>
    Thank you for your time and interest in this matter. If you have any questions about the survey you may go online to the forum and thread and your questions will be answered there. Baja Fisherman.com under the “General Information forum,” or go directly to it here.<o:p></o:p>
    http://www.bajafisherman.com/forum/showthread.php?309-The-future-starts-here-with-your-help! <o:p></o:p>
    Dr. Germán Ponce Díaz <o:p></o:p>
    CICIMAR – IPN <o:p></o:p>
    La Paz, B.C.S., México<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
  2. aguachico

3. Pescador Mike

Jim , the link doesn't work .

Mike Merino
  4. PescadorJim

5. mafrancis66

Jim,

Thanks for sharing. Done
  6. H BuenaVista BR

Jim, thanks for sharing, we are all in this fight and with the help of all you guys who love to come down to the Mexico, we are going to be able to stop this madness of liberate the dorado to the commercial guys.
    Next friday at 9am at Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas, there will be a meeting (Forum) with the congress man who are in charge of modificating the article 68 of the General fishing Law. Here at the East Cape we are getting organize to participate, I have invited all the fisherman from the Area and owners of fleets to help this cause.

Thanks again for your effort!

Saludos,
    Felipe
  7. Torrance local

I appreciate your concern and the effort you have put forth........But, if they haven't learned from the DECREASE in Salmon, Bluefin, Halibut, and White Sea Bass, Black Seabass, DORADO IS A NOTHER VICTIM........Of man kind.
    Best wishes!!!!
  8. Lorenzo

Thanks for the heads up. Survey is done!
  9. curt lj.

Thanks for the info. survey is fast.
  10. h20fwlr

Done,
    Thanks Jim,
  11. Jig Strike Staff Member

It only takes two and a half minutes.

Answer honestly.

Don't fuck it up,
    they were good questions.
  12. miguelitro

13. aguachico

let's do this right. reply after doing the 3 minute survey. Should hit 500 mark soon.
  14. magbayoutfitter

Easy and fast. This is a very important issue and I hope that the everyone takes the time to respond especially those that fish out of Mexico as this is
    a dollar issue and tourism brings in the dinnero. Bob
  15. igfarich

Done.... good luck at Playa Grande! I know my good friend Minerva will be doing all she can to stop the dorado harvest as will the boys from Hotel Buena Vista. Thanks for doing all you do to try and save the fishery!
  16. JFK

17. fishpelagic

I filled it out
  18. PescadorJim

Thanks for all the great responses and it will make some difference in the long run. Special thanks to Robin Wade from Western Outdoor News for spearheading a lot of this which just means a lot of extra work for her. Thanks also to Pam Bolles of Baja Big Fish Company in Loreto and Minerva in Cabo but to name a couple of people who are going way above and beyone the call to try to have an impact on this issue.
  19. Salmonator-215

Thanks Jim, that was easy. By the way, thanks again for your help with my bait pump problem on the Triumph 215 CC a few weeks ago in San Bruno. Take care.
  20. zarandiado

Listo,
    Gracias Jim