What sold you guys and gals on Avets??

Discussion in 'Fishing Reels' started by YANK N CRANK #2, Oct 1, 2007.

Share This Page

1. YANK N CRANK #2

I am hopelessly hooked.. I was first exposed to Avets by the Crew of the Top Gun 80. Being friends with both Bob Taft and Scott, they let us use some of the reels there were testing at the time.. Most notably the 4/0 and 4/0 wide (Now Pro 30)... I could not believe the superiority compared to what I was using at the time.. From catching a 100# yellowfin on an LX single speed with straight 40 at the Loop to killing a 120#+ yft in 15 minutes with a 4/0 2 speed (I never put it in low)....
  2. Customboatguy

Good boat and crew (tg80) Avets rule! I heard from friends and started collecting. They were correct.
  3. Kareem Korn

I got to use an avet sx 2 speed for acouple of weeks. After that I bought two.
  4. @-EZ

My wife bought me the wrong reel for my birthday because it was prettier !!! :rofl::rofl:
  5. Keta

Five cows
  6. JiGGZ

Was told to buy one. Now I have Six. I shop that way. Trust people who do all the research.
  7. Kurt

They are like the Iphone, trendy and I just had to have one.
  8. lip_ripper

US made price when they first came out they work so dam good
  9. Gil Marlin

Zero mechanical problems and great after sales service...:rolleyes:
  10. dru

Won one at the YT tourney and freaking love it!
  11. 1:11

resisted and resisted for over a year because i thought they kinda felt like dog meat. Bought a JX6/3 that works like an incredible machine. Since then Ive bought the following; Another JX6/3, MXL6/4, Pro 30, SDS, 4/0. and just got an sx6/4 for the berfday.
  12. The Notorious S.U.A

price caught my attention
    performance kept my business
  13. shinerunner

They are a pleasure. I have 6
  14. Az.monkey

Stumbled across my 1st a few years ago when I sent my wife and kid to Montana for the summer to visit her folks, it was an SX fully spooled and arrived on fathers day, 2 days later a seeker arrived at my door. Now I have 8 in various sizes. Performance, reliability and service has me sold
  15. YANK N CRANK #2

After me initial experience with them as mentioned above.. I bought an SX and an MXJ after talking to Mark the Chark... After using those locally and at clemente and catalina... I had to have more... I own 8 avets now.. I am going to get one of the remaining 4.5:1 mxl's.. Next on the agenda is an HX and a 50 SDS...
  16. MATTANZA

nothing yet
  17. YANK N CRANK #2

Well I can honestly say that my change to avet was motivated by other reasons.. After having some failures of some expensive reels when it mattered.. Then being denied a repair under something that was under warranty... The fact that with an avet, if I have any problems you can take it to Chatsworth is also an added bonus....
  18. SCOTCH

I like there colors and there lack of freespool. They are so pretty.
  19. YANK N CRANK #2

Lack of Freespool? How so?
  20. Quixotic

I just bought one for my GF becuase it was PINK!
    I found it at TackleDirect - World's Premier Fishing Outfitter Chatted on line with the guy there. Really good service and attitude. Also bought her a new pink ROD!

1 AVE-0048 Avet SX 5.3 Reel Pink shipped
    1 OCG-0031-2 OceanGirl OGB66-3050-E E-Glass Rod shipped

I prob had more fun searching and buying it for her than she will using it

Harold :idiot: