What is this stuff worth? Picture heavy.

Discussion in 'Gun Talk' started by Kman, Oct 10, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Kman

Edit: All the guns are sold except for the Kimber 223 and the Rem 40X 22BR.

Thank you so much for helping me price these things. I sold most of them through Calguns.net and did the paperwork at Evans Gun World in Orange.

OK Here’s the deal. My brother died and I need to sell off his guns to help pay his medical bills. I’ve been a shooter for 40 years, but I don’t have a handle on what this stuff sells for used, so I thought I’d ask you guys—with blessing from the mods. Can you help me out and suggest asking prices for selling this stuff? They’ll end up on the classifieds and Calguns.net. All gun transfers will be through Evans Gun World in Orange.

Thanks,

Kurt

Custom rifles

Guns 1 thru 4. I wish I had all the juicy details on them, but I don't. I do know my bro used legendary gunsmiths in Oregon and South Carolina to build these and he spared no expense on them. All barrels are top-of-the-line air gauge, the triggers are fully adjustable, and the scopes are the best.

Gun #1 SOLD

Gun #2 Stainless Rem 40X action, 22BR w/253” neck, fluted and ported stainless barrel, synthetic stock, custom, adjustable trigger. Harris bipod ready. Lapped rings, but no scope. Built by one of the best gunsmiths around.
    181 sized brass (will fit in the 40X). 281 partially sized brass (bolt won’t close) needs more sizing. 300 6mm BR new brass—to be necked down to 22.
    Redding 22BR body die
    Redding 22BR full length die
    Redding 22BR Neck sizing die.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gun #3 SOLD

Gun #4 Kimber model 84. 223 bolt action. Synthetic stock, custom, adjustable trigger. Leupold VX3 3.5X10 w/40mm AO scope—duplex reticle. Harris bipod ready. This is a really cool lightweight squirrel blaster.
    471 fired brass.
    Hand-loaded ammo:—218 various hand loads all with moly-coated varmint bullets.
    Redding 223 full length die
    Redding 223 neck sizing die
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gun#5 SOLD

Gun #6 SOLD

Gun #7 SOLD

Gun #8 SOLD

Gun #9 SOLD

Gun #10 SOLD

Gun #11 SOLD

Gun #12 SOLD

Gun #13 SOLD

Gun #14 SOLD

Gun #15 SOLD

Loose scopes

Leupold BR 36X target scope w/40mm AO and dot reticle. Model 43879.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leupold VX3 6.5X20 w/40mm AO. Duplex reticle. I’ve had a scope like this one on my varmint rifle (22-250 Ackley) for years, and it is a stellar performer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Other

Tipton gun vise
    [​IMG]

Bald Eagle adjustable heavy duty bench rest
    [​IMG]

Harris bipods
    1 9” extended
    1 12” extended
    [​IMG]

RCBS 110V Trim Mate Case Prep Center w/ neck deburring & primer pocket cleaner
    [​IMG]

RCBS Case Master Gauging Tool #87310. New, in box.
    Measures:
    Case neck concentricity
    Case neck thickness
    Case length
    Bullet run-out
    Detects case head separations
    Dial indicator included

[​IMG]

RCBS #10-10 510 Grain scale. Capacity can be increased to 1010 grains by adding the included attachment weight. Perfect condition. Makes sense, since he used an electronic scale. I see these list for $200.

[​IMG]

Bullet cases. 30 50-round cases and one 100 round case. The ones on the left are for small rounds like .223 while the ones on the right will handle larger rounds like 22-250.
    [​IMG]

Ammo

22-250 Ackley Improved
    137 fire-formed brass
    30 Hand loads—moly-coated varmint bullets
    Redding 22-250 Ackley Improved full-length die
    Redding 22-250 Ackley Improved neck sizing die

50 Pounds of assorted varmint bullets. Want to sell as one lot.
    [​IMG]
    Sierra
    1500 50gr spitzer Blitz
    400 50 gr spitzer
    200 55 gr spitzer boattail
    100 53 gr HP Match

Berger
    200 50gr HP spitzer, moly
    100 52gr HP spitzer
    100 52gr Hp spitzer, moly
    200 55gr HP spitzer, moly

Speer
    500 50gr HP TNT

Hornady
    300 40gr V-MAX, moly

Nosler
    900 40gr Ballistic Tip Boattail (BTBT)
    100 40gr BTBT, moly
    600 50gr BTBT
    500 50gr BTBT, moly
    700 55gr BTBT

Thanks for helping me price these things.

Thanks again.
  2. Aggro

Let's give Kurt a hand here. I'm looking on gun broker for what I can but I don't have a clue what some of that upper end stuff would go for. Let's just make sure he doesn't get hosed.
  3. Aggro

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. chad gee

Sorry for your loss, first of all.
    That is a beautiful collection and I would think you will get very good prices.

Good idea Ag-

A quick check on GB shows
    #8 - $225 - $250
    #9 - no listing
    #10 - $350 - $519
    #11 - $250
    $12 - $250
  5. Vermonster

And the scope is roughly $600+ used, from what I can find on other sites, putting that first one at $1600+.

Sweet collection Kurt, but very sorry for the circumstances under which they are being sold. I might have a few coworkers look at these, and see if there is interest.
  6. Vermonster

Kurt, I had some time to google around tonight, and this is what I found, a mix of new and used prices. I am sure many will jump in and either confirm or shoot down my estimates, but it should be a good starting point.&#8230;&#8230;Who they were crafted by could also add value.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    None of the gun estimates count all the extra mags, or ammo involed.<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #3: $500 (Recent Gunbroker sale)<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #4: $1200ish new right now, plus $480ish for the scope<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #5: $275 recently sold, scope $150ish online<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #6: $1500+ the scope, which depends on original Colt or Japanese version&#8230; Looks like $200-$300 is original and in good condition&#8230; <o:p></o:p>
    -Considering the gun ban paranoia, could get much more<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #7: $200ish, plus scope (new) for $100<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #8: $100-120 in recent auctions<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #9: $150 for newer ones<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #10: $500ish, plus $100 for the modified barrel when sold individually (Online auctions/sales)<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #13: **What model? It looks like the 626, but that is a 10 shot 22LR. If it&#8217;s that, it&#8217;s MSRP new is $829.<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #14: Recent sales are consistent around $450-475, but with no box or extra mags like yours.<o:p></o:p>
    Gun #15: $500 +/-<o:p></o:p>
    Scope #1: $500<o:p></o:p>
    Scope #2: $650<o:p></o:p>
    Vise: Can&#8217;t find one exactly like that, but maybe the style has changed a little if yours is older. They look to be around $75 online though, new.<o:p></o:p>
    Rest: Same thing as vise, style has changed, but they are $300 on sale now, without the pad part in the middle.<o:p></o:p>
    Bipods---When you say 9&#8221; and 12&#8221;, are those the extended lengths? If so, the 6-9&#8221; and the 9-12 inch can both be had new at Walmart for about $70<o:p></o:p>
    Trim Kit: Brand new, around $115 online<o:p></o:p>
    Hope this helps. Some really nice stuff in there.<o:p></o:p>
  7. Kman

Thanks Sean.

The AR is genuine Colt, as are the evil magazines. Machining is old school--military style. I found a packet from the Calif DOJ acknowledging the gun's registration as an assault weapon back in 1992. This will limit its salability in Klownifornia.
    [​IMG]

#13 (Stainless S&W revolver) is a model 63-3. Had to look behind the cylinder to find the model number on the frame.

Bipods are extended length.

I just found a never used RCBS Case Master Gauging Tool #87310. I'll add it to the list.
    http://www.opticsplanet.com/rcbs-ca...hUARw&ef_id=UVs6IAAABelF-DDr:20131011114443:s

I know he had an electronic scale with integrated electric trickler and a neck-turning lathe, but I can't find them. They would have been worth some coin. He moved twice in the last couple years because of his illness, and stuff got lost in the shuffle I guess.

Thanks for your help

Kurt
  8. Vermonster

For the AR, I knew it was a Colt. What I was talking about with the Colt/Japanese version was the scope. I guess there was a knockoff done of those.

Found a couple of those pistols for sale, both right at $500.
  9. Kman

Thanks for the heads up.

Even though the scope says Colt on the top, there is a Japanese Telescopes QC sticker on its underside :(. Are Japanese optics bad? They sure revolutionized point and shoot camera lenses back in the day.

Oh, just found an RCBS 10-10 510-grain scale in perfect, unused condition. Capacity can be increased to 1010 grains by adding the included attachment weight.These list for $200.
    [​IMG]
  10. rojodiablo

Nikon scopes, Pentax scopes and Weaver all had Japanese glass.... and are all very good optics. That might be a very good scope. Not to mention, being original vintage in good shape makes for a little collectability for it. Maybe not a huge value, but a neat piece.
    Let's talk about the Baretta 22 pistol. I have 1, and I am looking for a second. I have 2 sons..... I am trying to duplicate all my collection to leave each of them one of everything they really liked when growing up. The Baretta is very high on the list of pistols they enjoyed shooting. Thank you; Paul.
  11. ivfishing

back to the top of the list for a great collection.. sorry for your loss..
  12. Kman

I have two daughters...But one did get straight As and teach at MIT.

PM sent.

[​IMG]
  13. neptune one

I don't need the dies, you can keep them. I'll bid on rifle # 1 and rifle # 33 and scope # 2 $ 2400.00 Sorry for your loss... You can be sure the firearms will be hunted hard and taken good care of.
  14. FishinArmo

let me know what you want for the kimber and the ruger 10/22 very interested
  15. Kman

Light on price. Responded via PM.
  16. Kman

Responded via PM
  17. neptune one

Thanks for getting back to me, Good Luck with the sale. I think $2400.00 cash is a fair price, remember you will be paying for commission fee's after being taxed, shipping fee's and the trouble of boxing up the guns and mailing. With bullets selling from $2.00 and $3.00 dollars each and fuel over $4.00 a gallon, its not cheap to drive somewhere to pay shoot holes in paper targets anymore.
  18. echo1er

19. desertbonito

Very sorry to hear of your loss, sir. Your brother had exquisite taste in firearms and tooling.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
  20. ahidog

Interested in the tube fed 22 and the one above it if I want both what do you want? Also I might be interested in the 20 ga 870 if the price was right currently what I am seeing is higher than I want to pay PM me about the 2 22s