Weekend Baja ride

Discussion in 'Camping & 4x4' started by Dust Devil, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Dust Devil

Dust Devil Newbie

Name:
    Russ
    Boat:
    Any that will have me
    Went down to Tecate on Friday, first stop, the Tecate Brewery, free beer is good, and this stuff tastes GOOD down there.

[​IMG]

We stayed at Hacienda Santa Veronica, the place is the shit, cold beer and tequila was flowing heavy from about 3 to 10.

day 1
    We rode south into the forest, Constitucion park, it reminded me of Kennedy Meadows just up the road from here.

[​IMG]

Laguna Hanson

[​IMG]

The trees were big.

[​IMG]

Lots of livestock as much of Baja Norte is ranchos.

[​IMG]

We went west out of Ojos Negros so we could pick up a section commonly used for the score races, we wanted to cross this huge valley and a rancher was kind enough to let us pass, the people dwon there are the best.

[​IMG]

Horsepower ranch near Ensenada, this place looks like some kind of Pablo Escobar shit, insane views, huge rolling green MTNS. The views from the patio at the cantina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me loves some shuffleboard.

[​IMG]

The Cantina is the home of the offroad hall of fame, some cool stuff in there.

[​IMG]

The coolest thing IMO is this poster for the 1971 Baja 1000, turns out I was born during the running of the race that year.

[​IMG]

The view from the room was sweet, I felt like the king of the world when I walked out to this morning view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turns out I had a vew guests, or should I say I was thiers.

A bat and a lizard, very cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2 After a 20 mile stretch of sweet twisty pavement through a beautiful canyon we gassed up at Ojos Negros, damn that sun is bright!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THis place reminded me of the Kelso Valley /Onyx area here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could have stopped every ten feet it was so nice.

[​IMG]

Lots of great looking hosres here! Once again I was reminded of the Kern PLateau area.

Baja is a filthy crime ridden place, dont go there!!!! :)

[​IMG]

Thats it, got back to Hacienda Santa Veronica at noon, 200 miles for the weekend, ate and bailed, the border crossing sucked ass it took 2 hrs!!

2. Zika

Zika Member

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    21 Bayliner Trophy (Cheap-BassTurd)
    Sweet pics.....I stopped going down there with all the shit going on. Used to ride from Tecate to Mike's Sky Ranch and back in 2 days...about 140 to 165 miles a day depending on which way we rode. Great times...and some serious Monkey Butt.

3. cj5orion

cj5orion Build it...Remodel it...Go Fishin/Huntin/Baja

Name:
    Bert
    Boat:
    gone baja
    living large ! pretty cool !