Weekend Baja ride

Discussion in 'Camping & 4x4' started by Dust Devil, Apr 6, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Dust Devil

Went down to Tecate on Friday, first stop, the Tecate Brewery, free beer is good, and this stuff tastes GOOD down there.

[​IMG]

We stayed at Hacienda Santa Veronica, the place is the shit, cold beer and tequila was flowing heavy from about 3 to 10.

day 1
    We rode south into the forest, Constitucion park, it reminded me of Kennedy Meadows just up the road from here.

[​IMG]

Laguna Hanson

[​IMG]

The trees were big.

[​IMG]

Lots of livestock as much of Baja Norte is ranchos.

[​IMG]

We went west out of Ojos Negros so we could pick up a section commonly used for the score races, we wanted to cross this huge valley and a rancher was kind enough to let us pass, the people dwon there are the best.

[​IMG]

Horsepower ranch near Ensenada, this place looks like some kind of Pablo Escobar shit, insane views, huge rolling green MTNS. The views from the patio at the cantina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me loves some shuffleboard.

[​IMG]

The Cantina is the home of the offroad hall of fame, some cool stuff in there.

[​IMG]

The coolest thing IMO is this poster for the 1971 Baja 1000, turns out I was born during the running of the race that year.

[​IMG]

The view from the room was sweet, I felt like the king of the world when I walked out to this morning view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turns out I had a vew guests, or should I say I was thiers.

A bat and a lizard, very cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2 After a 20 mile stretch of sweet twisty pavement through a beautiful canyon we gassed up at Ojos Negros, damn that sun is bright!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THis place reminded me of the Kelso Valley /Onyx area here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I could have stopped every ten feet it was so nice.

[​IMG]

Lots of great looking hosres here! Once again I was reminded of the Kern PLateau area.

Baja is a filthy crime ridden place, dont go there!!!! :)

[​IMG]

Thats it, got back to Hacienda Santa Veronica at noon, 200 miles for the weekend, ate and bailed, the border crossing sucked ass it took 2 hrs!!
  2. Zika

Sweet pics.....I stopped going down there with all the shit going on. Used to ride from Tecate to Mike's Sky Ranch and back in 2 days...about 140 to 165 miles a day depending on which way we rode. Great times...and some serious Monkey Butt.
  3. cj5orion

living large ! pretty cool !