Tuna Seiners

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by Saluki, Sep 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Saluki

2. SALTYDAWG Advertiser

3. Eye Problem

4. BluefinCurly

How come I did not see any of the asian fleets listed under the closure (2) on Greg's link?
  5. navy_fish

6. Saluki

Glad to see somebody figured it out LOL

I like posting,,,,,, just so that my avatar shows up more times to look at!!
  7. Filthywhore

great read that top story
  8. Eye Problem

I figured it out, I just laughed quietly LOL
  9. Fresh One

Guess that explains why the albacore fishing has been so good the past ten years right? They aren't getting wrapped (which I understand is not the way they are typically fished).

I personally think the poor showing on YFT this year has more to do with where the fish are at, dirty water and lots of feed versus the seiners but that is just me. Its a big ocean. Sure they get some of them but they ain't getting them all.
  10. Gil Marlin

The same explanation has been offered for the poor showing of Dorado in the Sea of Cortez this year, illegal commercial long lining. That is probably happening, along with a lot of other methods of fishing that are not supposed be practised. However, all you have to do is look at the strange weather patterns, water temperatures and red tide that we have been having to see that it is just one of those off years for the Eastern Pacific. Those factors have combined to make this year a tough one. The seiners must be fishing inside because the fishing for them sucks worse outside, where they normally would be...
  11. pattyho

I now that I am selfish but I would like to see an end to commercial fishing. Nothing aginst the people that do it. I just want more fish to catch. One thing that I would like to point out is that in the original link the writer never mentions why all of the commercial fishing left SoCal. The caught all of the fish....
  12. Gil Marlin

No, it was because those big seiners were tied up to a lot of pricey waterfront and the canneries were stinky.